• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Bunny swings his tail while...HELP!!

dissolvedboy

Young Bun
running from me! what does this mean?? he runs away from me(always coz he doesnt want to be picked up) in know that...but why he always flips his cute tail around like crazy??! what that means??! does he plays with me "come and catch me"..i need your opoinion!!::roll:

My buns do this sometimes when they're having a frisk around - I never realise rabbits could 'wag' their tail before I saw it. Would love to know the reason too - I assumed it was a happy sign 'cos it's when they've been having a good old bounce around?

various reasons

some rabbits flash or flick there tail as a warning of danger to thers around them, often followed with thumping, or just thumping itself is a danger warning

some flick ther tails while running round like fruits loops if you are getting circling and soft grunts with it too hes one happy bunny, prolly a lot more than just happy ;):lol:

if he thinks you going to pick him then it may just be a gerorf i know what your gonna do,

best to spend some time sitting on floor and letting him come to a build trust, buns are often nosy creatures too so ignoreing them or seeming to do something can make them curious

how old is bun

he is showing he is mildly annoyed with you - try getting down at his level and waiting for him to come to you instead while the relationship builds up.

he is showing he is mildly annoyed with you - try getting down at his level and waiting for him to come to you instead while the relationship builds up.

Given the context I would agree with parsnip bun's interpretation. Areia also highlights well that buns can behave very similarly but mean different things in different situations.
My bun wiggles his whole bottom if I've made him cross & he's running away. With him it's a warning he's cross = "much more of this behaviour from you, & I'll spray you".

Bunnies hate being picked up, it frightens them. As said before it takes a lot of trust on their part to let us do it. It's gradually building trust, & sometimes helps to start by just positioning your hands for a lift until he's relaxed, then progressing to just a couple of inches off the ground etc.

Jack and Hollie absolutely love fuss and nose-rubs and will virtually shove each other out of the way for them but they don't like being picked up at all.

Jack 'wags' his tail when he's excited but I agree that in this instance it's probably annoyance. Hollie's tail is so very, very tiny I don't think you'd notice it moving at all.

Back