• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding and thank you to Denise

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Tonight Denise (bunnyaddict) came over to help me try and bond Strawbs and Snow.

Put them in the carrier in the car and all went well, both snuggled up with Snow laid on him.

5 mins in pen fine until Strawbs decided it was time for a quick sniff and nip to show he is boss and all hell broke loose. Snow flew at him and they ended up in a real fight.

Managed to split them and no injuries (apart from a bite to poor Denise from the lovely Strawbs).

Won't be retrying Snowdrop with another bunny again, she clearly hates them!

oh dear - Im sorry it didnt work - at least you have had one last go and you know for sure it wont work!

Snowdrop will definately be staying as a single house bunny in our bedroom when we move house. She clearly has issues with other rabbits.

Strawberry was quite shook up last night so we took him back to my Mums where he has been staying for the last 6 weeks for some attention and he soon perked up.

We will be putting Strawbs out when we move house in the next 2 weeks and looking for a friend for him.

Awh I am sorry, but you have to try. My five are off to KayJ for bonding today, so hopfully I will have a little ray of sunshine in all this gloom. No pressure Kay:lol::lol::lol:

Only just seen this Rach - I felt quite confident it would work when I was driving over to you :(

But I feel you have made the best decision all round hun - I think Snowdrop just prefers her own company. Some bunnies just do & I suppose we can't force them to be together if they don't want to be.

Have to say Strawberry has a good old bite on him! :shock: My arm is very sore this morning - that said it was my own fault for not having long sleeves on :roll: :oops: Tip when bonding don't do it in a short sleeved t-shirt! :oops:

He's still a darling though & I could have quite easily bunny napped him :love:

Hope everybun is ok today.

What a shame - but at least you tried and you don't have to feel guilty for having Snowdrop on her own now. Poor Denise too!

Back