• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Treated grass?

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
How long after grass has been treated (chemicals of any sort) can a bunny go on it? Or never? I would presume years, but I don't really know.

This isn't for me, we never treat our grass. This is something that in due course will come up on a home visit no doubt and I realised only last night I only had an idea in my head, never had any ideas of what others thought.

So, what do you think? How long?

It depends on whats been used, most fertilisers and treatments have guidlines on them as to how long you have to wait and there are some which are pet friendly.

most will say on the box or container they come with, we have one that says 6weeks, but they are all different

Do I need to take this into account when we move house? We are buying a new house that has been built about a yr but no-one has lived in so there arent any previous owners.

Those that say they are safe for pets, I presumed they were safe for pets to run on, not to consume (i.e. if a cat runs on it and grooms himself he won't have any ill effects, as opposed to bunnies eating large quantities). From something I heard today one type says safe for pets after 2 weeks, but then says don't plant any plants for 2 months because it remains deep in the soil, so if its deep in the soil it can grow up in the grass, which will also presumably cause problems?

Back