• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bad couple of weeks - lost a bunny :( :( :( and a vet rant!!

Hi Guys!
Not been on here for a couple of weeks as I lost my internet connection but all is fixed now! I tried posting on here on my phone but when I tried to submit thread my phone restarted?!

Woke up one morning last week to find Wiggles had bloat, so rushed her to the vets as her tummy was huge! Had to wait in the waiting room for over half an hour then the vet strolled back in from sainsburys. Then she had a look at Wiggles and came back with her medication and a book, and sent us home. I treated her throughout the rest of the day but kept thinking she should have been kept in. I stayed with her all night but she sadly died sometime around 3am as I couldn't stay awake. Since then I keep thinking that she should have been kept in. Isn't hind sight wonderful!!

It's my second poor experience with this particular vet (who is new) Last time I saw her she left me in the room for 15 mins when she answered a phone call and never came back, then she came back in surprised I was still there waiting for Moo's medication!!

Then Yesterday I had to take Sky cat to the vet as he was very sleepy, off his food, wobbly, dehydrated, saw my usual vet who was fantastic! Sky has got a high temperature, unsure of the cause, but fingers crossed he's about 75% normal again today so his meds are doing the trick!!

I swear I'm starting to become a regular at the vets!!

On the plus side tho, anyone who has read about my anger management bunny Moo will be pleased to know that she now hops in and out of her run on her own, she eats in her run and if shes eating she will let me touch her back gently. I got a bit cocky the other day, picked her up and put her in a run outside, she seemed to enjoy herself, but then spent 2 days in refusing to come out the cage so one step forward and 3 back.

Hope everybun is ok!

So sorry about Wiggles x I am fortunate that i have a couple of vets at the practice who i see regularly and are excellent with the rabbits xx

Theres 2 vets at my practice who I usually see, who are amazing, but everyone wants to see them! Now I'm just going to make sure I see either of them, but if they are fully booked, or off or whatever I'll have to see the other one :roll:

Back