• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tinkerbell is in for her spay today! grrrr at rude vet nurse

indigo

Mama Doe
I dropped her off at 8am this morning, got a very rude Vet Nurse!

She was asking me questions and filling out a form.. we got to contact details, I gave my home number, my mobile and tried to give my friends home and mobile number too as I'd tried to explain in detail that something important has come up, that I have to be elsewhere at 3pm and that there was every chance my friend would be picking Tinker up and not me. I've already had to put off the op for a week and now that I have an intact Male bunny in the house I thought it best to continue with this weeks arrangements!

She snapped at me that she didn't want all the details of my friend, just mine, that the only reason she was taking them was in the event that something went wrong as I'd want to know first.. WOULDN'T I?!! :evil:

yeah don't **** me off at 8am when I've had very little sleep.. I gave as good as I got.. told her I'd need some convincing to leave her there..:roll::lol:

The receptionist at my vets is really rude as well!! He's had a go at me twice now. I know I should change but I like the vet and thats what I go for not the receptionist. The first time was when I took a rabbit in last year with flystrike. I was already (obviously) really upset and only just holding back tears and he tried to make out it was my fault for not keeping her clean. I'd washed her bum that morning then went home for dinner to find her ill and floppy. I did all I could it just wasn't enough. It happens so quick :shock:
Then the second time I booked my girlas in to be spayed a few months ago. They mixed up my appointment then tried to say I must have booked the vets along the road. I knew I hadn't. Then he said I owed from my cat being spayed the year before! I was stood in reception with two scared bunnys having taken time off work to be told I had no appointment and that I owed money:evil: He rang the other vets had a bt of a one sided conversation then came off and said yes they had you in there. I left in tears because I knew i wasn't but felt like I was going mad. I rang the other vets myself. They told me that they ahd told him that I was not booked in with them. He'd lied to me!!! instead of admitting the mistake. Mt husband went in and showed him a bank statement proving we didn't owe money and blasted him for lying. He still wouldn't admit it though.

WOW HUGE RANT OVER :lol::lol:

Good luck with the spay :) when I took Crumpet in the other day I was nearly in tears haha cos I was so concerned :oops: but luckily my vets all seem lovely.

I got a taxi to the vets though and the driver lectured me the entire way about how he doesn't agree with keeping animals as pets and why don't I release him:evil: coming from a man who told me he only managed to keep some birds alive for a month :( no tip for him :lol:

I'm sorry you've both had bad experiences, is there anyone you can make a complaint to?

had a phone call at 11.30 - Tinker's op went textbook well, she was already sat up eating etc, and will be ready to pick up at 2.30 :D

Glad the op went well.

We have a new young vet nurse at our surgery and I asked her for blood to be taken from one of my bunnies. I clearly explained which one and why and she told the vet the wrong rabbit, poor bunny :roll:

Glad Tinkerbell's op went well.

We luckily have nice friendly receptionists at out vets, but even so I always write labels for the bunny tavel cases, with notes on which is which (and saying whuch is the shy ones, which is the wriggler etc). Mine look so alike to people who don't know them that I think it's the safest option.

Back