• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to make the window for my bunny shed.....

pooks

Warren Scout
Hi,

I have just erected the new shed that will house my bunnies! There is a window on one side of the shed and there comes supplied a sheet of glass to fit the window. However, i was thinking that the shed will need some ventilation/fresh air, esp in summer, so i was gonna put wire mesh over the window instead. This will owrk fine most of the time but when its very cold i want to be able to somehow cover the window so wind and rain doesn't come in and freeze/soak my bunnies. How or what do i do to provide this for them? I was thinking of some kind of cover but as it won't be sealed around the edges (as i will only have it in the window for some of the time) i'm worried that whatever i make will allow rain to seep in.

What have other people done?

I have a shed I am putting up too and I was going to mesh it out and then have a slide/shutter type design for colder weather but will be interested in other peoples ideas.

My shed has a plastic window that i put a shutter on it, so i installed a vent on the side of my shed for ventilation. Its really easy to do :)

We just got a shed with a fixed glass window. We managed to turn it into an opening window by adding some hinges so that In the summer it can be open (with wire over) and closed when needed.

Make a wooden frame to go around the outside wher the window will be. Cover this on the underside with mesh and then screw it onto the shed exterior

Back