• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

brush advice or reccomendations

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
hello all!

can anyone out there reccomend a good bunny brush? barnes is shedding like crazy at the moment and the brush i have is really for doggies, bunny fur is so much finer than dog or cat hair and it's EVERYWHERE!!

a friend pops round for coffee and i don't ask if they want sugar, i ask how much fur do you want?

i have fur in the fireplace, fur on the floor, on the sofa, in the fridge, in the oven all over every item of clothing i own, i have more fur than barnes!!!!!

HELP! FUR EMERGENCY!!!!!

Have to admit I use a small soft dog brush, althoug if I'm cleaning the hutches and the boys are around they like a brush with the dustpan brush (it's not a hard one!):lol:

I guess it also depends how long/thick your buns fur is.

We use this for both our buns, although it is more suitable for a short thick coat than a long silky one. Perfect for our constantly moulting dutch - using the pronged side in a sweeping or circular motion gently lifts away all the loose underfur, you can then use the smooth side to brush it away. For our long silky haired lop one needs to be more careful as her fur is thinner and buns have sensitive skin, but used on the smooth side it really sweeps away by static all the loose surface fur. We use our hands and fingers on her for the rest and the tufts on both. Using fingers gently can be just as effective as a brush.
http://www.bunnybazaar.com/more/on/details/ZOOM

Just been looking on google too and it seems this pink zoom groom is the dog one (which we have) and that there is a cat one (purple) also available - it may be smaller? I might have to get one of those now! :D

Back