• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ebay Run Listings - I'm so cheeky!

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
I've emailed a few peeps on ebay who have listed runs for sale and said:

"Hi there, this looks like a great run! If it's at least 6ftx4ftx2ft and made with galvanised welded mesh it meets with the RSPCA minimum recommendation (for one rabbit). It might be worth you adding this to your description so that people know that you are selling something which conforms to minimum standards. You'll probably get more bidders and more money" :D

The idea being the seller thinks "ahh, more cash!" and updates the listing and the buyer thinks "ahh, I didn't know that, best get a bigger run then!" and does! Result = more educated peeps and happier buns :D

Might not work but hey, I figured it was worth having a go!

Last edited:
Hey I've had some great feedback! Sent 10+ messages so far and 3 sellers have come back thanking me & saying they will update their listings. I'm happy :D

I thnk that's a great idea, it's so tempting to just have a go at the ignorant :censored: but the way you've written it there's no way they could take it the wrong way, cos if it meets the requirements you've helped them, and if it doesn't, you've not had a go at them about it! winner!

I thnk that's a great idea, it's so tempting to just have a go at the ignorant :censored: but the way you've written it there's no way they could take it the wrong way, cos if it meets the requirements you've helped them, and if it doesn't, you've not had a go at them about it! winner!

Devious little sod aren't I? :p:lol: My job requires me to convince know it all numpties to change their ways but I have to do it in a way that makes them think they came up with the ideas all by themselves. Giving them a really good & simple reason to make the change always helps and money talks! ;) :lol::lol::lol:

Right well I've now emailed all of the sellers on ebay with runs (& hutches) listed that look half decent - I can't email the others without making it really obvious that I think what they're sell is a pile of poo :shock::(

My good deed for the day :D

...and tomorrow Jill is bringing us our first foster bun - yay :D:love:

Back