• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bun isn't used to being picked up but needs nails trimming!

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
Hi guys, a good friend of mine has a bunny who she THINKS she's a girl but hasn't actually ever been confirmed :shock::roll:

I've volunteered to have look tomorrow and confirm one way or the other ;) That shouldn't be too bad.

However, I've also said I'll have a go at doing her nails - they are long. I'm confident enough to do them, done Inca's with no probs but this bunny isn't used to be picked up. She's friendly and is used to fuss, just not being lifted off the ground. Any suggestions on the best plan off attack? I wondered about the towel wrapping idea, my friend holding her whilst I trimmed?

I'm feeling quite pleased with myself actually as I've finally convinced my friend to get "Sandy" vaccinated (she's almost a year old, an outside bun and has never been to the vets and we know she's had visits from wild buns :?). I emailed my friend some details about VHD a couple of days ago and whilst chatting to her today she mentioned it and said that she would get Sandy done :) I've offered to go with her (she gets a bit stressed at the thought of stressing the bun out, if that makes sense). She's also introducing veg into Sandys diet now (after seeing what Inca has) although I've not managed to convince her away from the non pellet food yet :roll:

So... I was also wondering if there's anything I can do to help Sandy (and my friend!) prepare for their trip to the vets? i.e. handling Sandy more followed by reward, get her used to being picked up?

I may be able to meet you tomorrow with a foster bun
if your friend is local to you I can do the nails if you like..and sex the bun

I may be able to meet you tomorrow with a foster bun
if your friend is local to you I can do the nails if you like..and sex the bun

Well that would be fantastic!! Yes she's just down the road from me. Not sure when she's around tomorrow but I don't think she'd mind if we did it without her there :)

Yes that would be fine. We don't have a run set up here yet (Eileen has the new one) but I can do free supervised time in the garden as a temp thing (hope to get run no.2 over the weekend) plus we have the metal pen which we can use. Would that be ok? My friend is chuffed to bits you're coming :D

Back