• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yay Males Pair going in for neutering :)

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Tommorow is the day of my male bunnies operations. They are going in at 8:30am and will be out by 2pm. They are outdoor bunnies. I think they will be okay outdoors, least i hope so. I have contagiously poorly bunnies indoors so it's not much of an option to keep them in. I hope they are going to be happier together when they have been neutered.

Last edited:
I have had a pair of dutch brothers who got on really well. The pair I have now are also brothers, they are 5 years old. They get on well most of the time but do have occasional scuffles. I did have to seperate them once for a few weeks but they went back together fine. They are doing a bit of chasing at the moment but this time of year is always like this. Don't know if I have reassured you or made you panic! I am sure your boys will be fine!:)

I have two pairs of boys, and each pair gets on really well, but I have to make sure that the pairs aren't seperated by only wire mesh cos there's one from each pair that will try to climb the mesh or jump over to have a go at the others! If there's a solid wood wall or gap between runs they are fine:)

They occassionally have a slight scuffle (usually when Blackie gets amourous with Butter!). They have all had the chop!

after a GA the boys need to be kept in for at least 24hrs. this is because they cant hold their temp for this period.......just 1 night should be fine. otherwise they could get hypertermia (sorry my spelling is bad :roll:) and its still pretty cold overnight.

I have two female siblings who will need neutering in about a month- is it best to send them together ?? Not one at a time?

I had all 4 of my boys done at once - it was easier to let each one recover in an individual area so that I could keep an eye out for problems (which I how I spotted Buttercup wasn't eating or pooping and could get him treated in time). Also, their hormones should calm down roughly at the same time with a bit of luck:D

07:20 am morning of neutering.

Only one hour before i leave my little ones in the vets! Ah...hope they come back okay :) best friends still. I think i'm going to get a new indoor hutch whilst i'm out so i can keep them inside on neutral territory, Do they have a head collar when they are done. My cat did bless her, she was all wobbly for quite awhile.

Aww i'm getting nervous for them!
Anyways, will keep you posted on the outcome this afternoon if it was a success or not.

Thankyou both :) Sending healing vibes for yours also! I was so nervous lol. The taxi driver asked me if i was crying when i came out , i wasn't but i think he could tell i was abit uneasy. The boys got on lovely this morning after abit of mounting each other in the carrier, they settled down and loved each other and snuggled up close. There is something so sweet about seeing brothers get along. It is a harder bond than the females. I asked the nurse to keep them together post op. Hope i did the right thing here. I don't want them taking each others stitches out.

i didnt get to take my little one to the vets my mum did it for me on her way to work, roll on two o'clock :) i think it probably is best to keep them together, you dont want them to loose thier bond :)

I have two female siblings who will need neutering in about a month- is it best to send them together ?? Not one at a time?

If they are already bonded I would send them together and let them recover together. The only problem would be that you would need to be extra vigilant post op as if they are together it might be hard to work out if they are both pooing and weeing properly.

Good luck with your boys. My two were done last week so hopefully I will be able to bond them once recovered. Bit nervous about bonding a same sex pair.

Aww thankyou, vets said they will call if they have any problems which is good.

Lots of bunnys being neutered ! Good luck to everyone with bonding etc x

Aww bless

So cute! The vets told me that they wouldn't separate so they had to operate at the same time. One of my bunnys went mad about being without his brother, nearly jumped off the operating table he was so traumatized :( They said they had to put them under at the same time, because they didn't want to be apart. They said the bond was strong before and kept them together afterwards.

They are now in the bathroom recovering, to start they were queit very hazy. They have now come round and they are eating, i'm not sure about drinking though, but they aren't panting like they were yesterday,so i assume they have drunk something.

There are definitely droppings and wee! Smelly bathroom, one had an accident, my fault for making a makeshift pen on the carpet. I did put towels, a litter tray etc down. Any ideas on getting rid of rabbit smells in the house? I do have some pet odour neutralizer,should that be enough?

So happy they have not left each others side, total devotion and snuggling up to each other. Thank you everyone for the advice.

I feel so lucky they have both come through this okay.

Right, off to get some cleaning done in this wonderful sunshine.

Last edited:
Thanks ,

They are both now eating normally and drinking as usual. Everything seems in order. I think they can be moved outside now back to there hutch. The vets said 24 hours. They were took in at 2pm on Friday, so they should be alright now i imagine.

They are not jumping about like there usual crazy selfs, but they are active and i'm positive they are going to be okay.

Thankyou for sending vibes :)

Last edited:
Back