• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vets in Worcester/cost to spay/joint vaccines?

thebadfairy

Young Bun
Hello, can anyone reccomend a vets in Worcester for having my bunnie spayed and vaccinated?
I have rung around a few places to get prices but don't really want to base the choice on that. There was quite a range - from £47 to £97! Some of the more expensive ones didn't even include extras like antibiotics and staying overnight if need be wheras the cheapest one said that this included pain relief, anti-inflammitories, antibiotics, staying for as long as needed and the check-up.
What kind of price have other people payed?
I also asked a few about the vaccinations and they mostly came back with £18-£20 each but one said she could have both together for £30. Thinking about it, I'm not sure if she meant one vaccination for both, having both at the same time or just having both done at the same place but 2 weeks apart. Has anyone heard of them being given together?

Thebadfairy x x

Hello, can anyone reccomend a vets in Worcester for having my bunnie spayed and vaccinated?
I have rung around a few places to get prices but don't really want to base the choice on that. There was quite a range - from £47 to £97! Some of the more expensive ones didn't even include extras like antibiotics and staying overnight if need be wheras the cheapest one said that this included pain relief, anti-inflammitories, antibiotics, staying for as long as needed and the check-up.
What kind of price have other people payed?
I also asked a few about the vaccinations and they mostly came back with £18-£20 each but one said she could have both together for £30. Thinking about it, I'm not sure if she meant one vaccination for both, having both at the same time or just having both done at the same place but 2 weeks apart. Has anyone heard of them being given together?

Thebadfairy x x

The Myxomatosis and VHD vaccines should be given two weeks apart, and the VHD vaccine has a booster every 12 months. The booster for Myxomatosis can be given either every 6 months or every 12 months, depending on the level of risk in your area. Welcome to RU :wave:

The Myxomatosis and VHD vaccines should be given two weeks apart, and the VHD vaccine has a booster every 12 months. The booster for Myxomatosis can be given either every 6 months or every 12 months, depending on the level of risk in your area. Welcome to RU :wave:

Thanks, thats what I thought. I guess they just mean having both done at the same place. Would it be best is she has the vaccinations before going in to be spayed?

Is no one else here from Worcester?

Are you actually in Worcester itself - I live near Evesham and there is a fantastic rabbit vet there - I will make enquiries from other rabbity friends in Worcester and see if anybody recommends anyone:)

Are you actually in Worcester itself - I live near Evesham and there is a fantastic rabbit vet there - I will make enquiries from other rabbity friends in Worcester and see if anybody recommends anyone:)

Hello Scatter, yes I am pretty much right in the centre of Worcester but don't mind travelling a bit further to find a good vet with reasonable prices.

I have just checked with the one who quoted me £47 as I was rather suspicious after getting the other quotes and it turns out that this is the price to neuter a male not spay a female!

I would really appreciate you asking friends - thanks!

Back