• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Syringe Feeding technical hitch!

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
I have discovered that I'm not very good with a syringe! Have been feeding clover with the feeding supplement stuff while he's been ill, and this is what happened when there was a blockage in the syringe (luckily I had pointed it away from Clo when I was trying to depress the plunger!!!)
Syringe001.jpg

Think I may need to offer ro repaint the wall if it leaves a stain!

Hmmmmmmmmm, I see you're problem :?

My Buns can flick poo onto the ceiling....... :thumb:

mowgli used to fluick poo onto the walls :shock: :lol: but i let him off in end he couldn't see

when i syringe rosie i get it all over myself and then she wipes her chops on me :oops: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Try adding more than the recommended water, makes it thiner so easier to syringe, plus get more water into the bun :)

I have discovered that I'm not very good with a syringe! Have been feeding clover with the feeding supplement stuff while he's been ill, and this is what happened when there was a blockage in the syringe (luckily I had pointed it away from Clo when I was trying to depress the plunger!!!)
Syringe001.jpg

Think I may need to offer ro repaint the wall if it leaves a stain!

My kitchen ceiling doesn't have science recovery over it at all, nope, never. It dries solid and then becomes a pain to try and get off:lol:

Awww bless you. Mark of a true tummy bunny mummy!!
I'm a sucker for forgetting to aim the nozzel in the towel the first time round.
I agree wholeheartedly with adding slightly more water.

I find the best way to syringe feed is to mix the recovery food with stage 1 baby food (Ella's kitchen is good) and a little hot water until it's the consistency of cake icing, and feed using a 50/60ml catheter tipped syringe.

I'll definitely remember that tip - thanks:D

Clover is eating hay and greens and cardboard tubes and the towel he was sat on and anything else he can get his teeth into now, so as long as he carries on feeding well tomorrow I won't force the other stuff down him as he hates the process.

Back