• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do does grunt?

georgie_f

Mama Doe
Random question of the day....

Cloud has been grunting at me like all my male bunnies do. She's supposedly a doe but I've never had a doe that grunts like Cloud.

It's the 'hello' grunt and she normally does it whilst she's running around binkying.

I think she's confused! :lol:

Harley does it shortly before you feed her....she runs at you grunting :roll: :lol:

Awwwhh! Maybe it's just a happy bunny thing :) I've just had to shut Cloud in her cage for the first time since tuesday afternoon and she's not happy now! :lol: Definately not grunting anymore!

It took me quite by surprise - I guess as all my girls are spayed, they never grunt at all and Cloud is so loud, she's louder than Thistle :shock: And she snores. :lol::lol::lol:

Some bunnies are vocal, others aren't. There are also noises that stereotypically go with particular moods. My most vocal bunny is a girl.

Both boys and girls make a similar hormonal noise so maybe yours are making that noise, particular at this time of year?

:lol:Cloud sounds so cute...with extra personality!:love: I think we need some more pictures, she is sooo gorgeous.

Mine did it alot today when I put her in the box to go to the vets along with some very loud stamping too :shock:

Sugar grunts like a pig, usually when I have to pick her up as she's not too keen on being handled.

Patrick makes this funny little grunty buzzy noise when hes happy! its so sweet!

Twinsen on the otherhand, grunts before trying to bite your arm off :roll::lol:

Aaahhaha! I think we should all start a grunty bunnies club! :lol:

Cloud's still grunting now. :roll: I really do fail to believe she's seven - she has binky marathons. She literally keeps going for an hour and then has a massive flop and a snooze (plus snoring!) when she's tired herself out. :love:

I'm thinking I might look into getting her spayed now. The RSPCA didn't do it because of her age but she's obviously fit as a fiddle! She's been fur pulling since I got her home so I think spaying would be in her best interests. Hope it won't stop the cute grunty noises though! :lol:

And here is a picture especially for Madea (but I don't mind if the rest of you look too ;):lol:) -

I'm gathering quite a collection of piccys so Cloud will have to have another 'stories and photo sharing thread' all to herself soon. :love:

in answer to that yep :lol: all my girls have grunted at me atsome point

i got 2 grunty dutchie girls:lol:

Piglet grunts, she runs at me grunting when I'm sweeping the room :lol: Alvin can be a bit hand shy sometimes so he grunts if he's unsure and he grunts if you go near his food while he's eating

Hello there,

My old rabbit Roxy used to grunt loads especially before binkying and if she was fed up of our buck Randal harrassing her. Our other doe Spike doesnt grunt but makes a barking sound like a dog....which is a very strange noise to hear from a rabbit!!!lol.

Aaahhaha! I think we should all start a grunty bunnies club! :lol:

Cloud's still grunting now. :roll: I really do fail to believe she's seven - she has binky marathons. She literally keeps going for an hour and then has a massive flop and a snooze (plus snoring!) when she's tired herself out. :love:

I'm thinking I might look into getting her spayed now. The RSPCA didn't do it because of her age but she's obviously fit as a fiddle! She's been fur pulling since I got her home so I think spaying would be in her best interests. Hope it won't stop the cute grunty noises though! :lol:

And here is a picture especially for Madea (but I don't mind if the rest of you look too ;):lol:) -

I'm gathering quite a collection of piccys so Cloud will have to have another 'stories and photo sharing thread' all to herself soon. :love:

Maybe Cloud is doing binky marathons because she is so happy to have a lovely forever home. She is demonstrating her joy at not being in the rescue anymore.
She looks lovely by the way, a very fit, healthy looking 7yr old....I'd be very inclined to spey, going by what you say about her.
Re grunting does - Parsley used to grunt a little at her 1st husbun who was a very quiet bun. She now grunts & honks a lot more with Gilbert her 2nd husbun as he is really vocal too. So maybe it depends on a buns companion too.

Marnie grunted at us when we were doing Blues feet the other day :love: Bless her for getting protective of him:love:

Mimi is a total grunter and so was Tilly :love: The only time Ive ever heard Timmy grunt is when we were bonding him with Mimi :love:

My latest addition is the first female I've ever had that grunts. I'm sure its something to do with her not being spayed. I need to get her done but I think she might be a bit overweight.

Back