• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reccomendation for Hutch please :)

Bunny_mad

Alpha Buck
At the end of May I am looking to get a new hutch for my Trio (2 Nethies and a Dwarf lop). Our budget is around £200 and I was wondering what people could reccomend. I like the chicken coop style hutches but find they are not great quality. I share a garden so it can't be huge but obviously big enough. It also needs to be delivered to the Oxfordshire area. Any ideas would be great and if you have pic's/links even better :)

A small shed/wendy house (usually 4ft square) would be ideal with a run attached :) The chicken coop things look nice but actually don't provide much run area and like you say, I'm not sure that the quality is great.

If it's a more traditional styled hutch & run set up you're after, the guy I just bought a hutch off (via ebay) will make one to your specification & the quality is ver good. Only problem is he's in Peterborough! I bet though if you did a search on ebay & looked within say a 25 mile radius of where you lived you'd find someone making them that you could contact :)

A small shed/wendy house (usually 4ft square) would be ideal with a run attached :) The chicken coop things look nice but actually don't provide much run area and like you say, I'm not sure that the quality is great.

If it's a more traditional styled hutch & run set up you're after, the guy I just bought a hutch off (via ebay) will make one to your specification & the quality is ver good. Only problem is he's in Peterborough! I bet though if you did a search on ebay & looked within say a 25 mile radius of where you lived you'd find someone making them that you could contact :)

Thanks for that :) I am open to ideas. I like the chicken coop style as I find sometimes the conventional runs are not tall enough for the rabbit to stand up on his/her back legs. However I really am open to suggestion and whatever is best for my buns (and my pocket) would be great!

How are your DIY skills? You could make a run :D

Well there is a question, lol! My OH would give it a go however it may not come out quite as expected and TBH prob wouldn't be safe, lol! I wish we were creative however for the bunny's sake a ready made one would be best :)

Seriously, I would have a go. Have a look at some pics online for ideas of where you'd want the door and other access. Cheapest place to buy the galvanished mesh is on ebay, even with the delivery costs it's cheaper than getting it from B&Q etc. You could make the run to fit in with the shape/size of your garden/pation then, remember it doesnt have to be oblong :D

Back