• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Totally conflicting body language/ nipping!

pickles

Warren Scout
I just wondered if anyone could help. We're trying to bond two rabbit and so far it has been a bit of a nightmare. Combination of them not getting on too great and a lot of full on fighting and agression especially from our original rabbit. And our inexperience/ getting carried away.

We're not too sure whether to continue. They are getting a tiny bit more tolerant but don't enjoy being together. The fighting has stopped- apart from a silly mistake last night. And now again... I think it is doomed!

He keeps nipping above her tail which she hates. And also her sides. We have been spraying water to try to stop him doing it.

She is sitting and putting her head down and ears up seeming submissive. But still not too interested. Then it's like she just gets fed up and goes for him.

Does it just sound like a terrible match? It's a couple of months since her friend died but maybe just too soon for her?

It just feels a bit unfair on all of them- us included! The only prob is I think the new man's ace! really makes me giggle. But we always said it would be up to her to choose the new one.....

Would be really grateful for any advice. We have a potential new home set up for him and really wondering if that's the best and fairest all round. We've been trying for weeks now and not feeling much further forward.

Hi! saw your post on my bonding one about Fudge and Smokey, very very similar, Fudge, original bunny just bites her and they both flip out!

The one time I got them to sit together and be friends was by taking them for the car ride, i didn't put them in a box together like some people suggest (I was pretty sure they would've killed each other!), but simply got in the back with them while my boyf drove and let them sit on the back seat. They snuggled down together as they were so scared, i just wasn't able to get them to continue this once they were back indoors...but maybe you would have more luck? Might be worth a go especially if you've got one that's willing to be submissive, both mine want to be in charge! :(

Obviously I'm by no means experienced in this -but just sharing what's kind of worked for me so far :) Good luck, let me know if you find anything that works!! x

Thanks Charlotte! Good luck with yours... I must admit we have found another home for ours. Was quite shocked how upset I am he's going. :(
Hope you have more luck!!

Back