• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

grrrr my friend

kaths101

Warren Veteran
wants a bunny for her 2 year old daughter :evil:

They came round mine on Sunday for a BBQ and I had Mittens in the run so i got her out and let her daughter stroke her etc - today my friend phones me and says she wants a baby rabbit for her. I said why dont you rescue one and she said cos i want a baby - I said they dont stay babies for long!!

She is my best friend but I know she will not look after a rabbit well - argggghhh I think I put her off saying she would have to pay £50+ for spay and vaccs and she was :shock:

Why do people think bunnies are soo easy to look after :(

Gotta admit that I did think that they were easy to look after :oops:
But I know better now and make sure that anyone who says "I want a bunny" knows EXACTLY how much Charlie has cost me!

I am very wary of people seeing my bunnies. They do not realise the time, effort and expense in looking after them properly. So sad. Hopefully you put her off.

I know that feeling - I'm aware that my best friend will want to get a rabbit when she has children, but she will determinedly say it's for them "to experience the life cycle" rather than because she wants to look after one. She had three rabbits when she was younger - one her jack russell killed, then two brothers who fought each other to death. I despair at her motives, even though I know she is generally a good human being.

Ralph and Ruby often sit on the window sill looking out of the window, and children are constantly walking past and pressing their faces up against the window and saying "mummy, mummy look, there's rabbits in that window!" But it's a double-edged sword, because you know who's going to be off home saying to their parents they want a pet...

horrid isnt it. i always make people realise just how much they cost.

i have a friend who wants rid, whole diffferent story :roll:

yeah the thing is I speak to her everyday and she knows the trials i have had with mine - only recently with Charlie which cost me £280... :shock:

and she still wants one.... only one so then she wont have to have it spayed :evil:

I too had no idea how costly/time consuming rabbits were but I know she is the sort of person to just leave it down the garden and moan when it needs the vets (or probably not even take it to the vets) neither of her dogs have had vaccs :?

Or probably dump it on me - her daughter for sure will not be interetsed in it - she stroked mittens a few times and then was off!!!

I don't mind people seeing mine as they can see for themselves just how much space they need as they are so active. You always get the comments about hoping they are not a boy and a girl as they "breed like rabbits" (very funny). That's a good time to let them know about neutering etc.

I think seeing mine and asking me stuff actually puts them off.

Back