• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blakey's teethipegs now!!

Hi all,

I am so going to start contributing to the brew fund at the vets so I can have a cup of coffee when I go - feel like I've been there all week!

Today it was Blakey's turn for a rush trip.

Blakey was booked in for her usual 6-8 week dental to have her molar spurs burred next Monday along with Mr Bingley who is going to have his stitches out. Noticed yesterday that Blakey was moving her jaw a lot and sticking her tongue out which she's never really done, even coming up to a couple of days before her dental appointments (she never stops eating either with her spurs ... contrary madam).
So I phoned vets and booked her in for today for her dental instead. Just picked her up and she looks so sorry for herself! She usually has the teeth done conscious because as we take her so often to keep the spurs down she's used to it and they don't take much doing - today she had to be sedated as when the vet went in she found a loose tooth and the beginnings of an abscess underneath it!!!! No wonder she'd been 'jawing' so much. She had to have the tooth out, the abscess drained and have a tear duct flush afterwards - eeekk!!

So glad I didn't leave it til Monday like my friend said to, it could've been so much worse.

She's sat here now with me, looking all stoned and wobbly, little mite - going to try and tempt her with some leafies in a minute - they syringe fed her some CritaCare stuff at vets to keep her going while she comes round properly from sedation and can eat properly again.

Oh, and I'm going back again on Monday with Mr Bingley and I've swapped Blakey's original appt to Bo - also for a dental .... I got free food and car stickers for RAW when I left today - do you think I'll get a free cup of tea next time? :lol:

Tammy x

Back