• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mrs Brown is seriously ill

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(:(:(

I was so happy and cheerful after Maisey's successful op, went out in the garden singing to myself only to find Mrs Brown collapsed in her run :(:(

She was fine at lunchtime, eating and running about :?

When I picked her up her ribcage had become really prominent and it looked like everything in her abdomen had dropped really low, not sure how else to describe it :? :(

Rushed her straight to vets and her uterus feels very abnormal. She was booked in for a spay next tuesday but if she makes it through the night she will be opened up in the morning. On top of that if she pulls through the spay she needs a dental :cry::cry:

She has lost weight and the top half of her is complete bone, everything seems to have dropped down. I've not seen anything like it before :? She felt fine yesterday.

So my happiness has been short lived and I am back to chewing my finger nails down to my knuckles :cry::cry:

Please could we have some vibes for Mrs Brown, we have only had her a week and at 8 years old, age is not on her side :cry::cry:

Poor Mrs Brown, and poor you guys. I sure hope she makes it through the night.

Cloud did something very similar (almost like gravity took effect on his whole body) shortly before I had him PTS, so I can imagine what you are describing. I hope that she does pull through this and the vet is able to operate.

Poor Mrs Brown, and poor you guys. I sure hope she makes it through the night.

Cloud did something very similar (almost like gravity took effect on his whole body) shortly before I had him PTS, so I can imagine what you are describing. I hope that she does pull through this and the vet is able to operate.

I am glad someone knows what I mean. From the end of her rib cage to her hips its like she has been sucked in there in nothing there :( Everything is bulging out of the bottom of her abdomen.

She is the most friendliest, happy rabbit

It feels like the day from Hell, or maybe that should be the week from hell :cry:

Oh no Liz, you never seem to get a break do you.

Loads of vibes from Mrs Brown and hugs for you xxx

oh Liz what a terrible day you are having. One bunny to cope with is bad enough but 2! well you must be feeling so fed up! really hope Mrs brown can pull through..thinking of you today xx

oh Liz what a terrible day you are having. One bunny to cope with is bad enough but 2! well you must be feeling so fed up! really hope Mrs brown can pull through..thinking of you today xx

Make that 3, don't forget little Renoir only had her dental yesterday and is still not eating or pooing :(

Then I have Merlin who still isn't eating much at all and Jojo who still needs liquid foods with her mouth injury, plus all the other chronic illnesses :?

Remind me why I do this :?

I am glad someone knows what I mean. From the end of her rib cage to her hips its like she has been sucked in there in nothing there :( Everything is bulging out of the bottom of her abdomen.

She is the most friendliest, happy rabbit

It feels like the day from Hell, or maybe that should be the week from hell :cry:

It was most obvious for me, with Cloud, after he had died. He was so out of proportion and everything was in the wrong place. He had this massive belly, on a skinny frame. He was very ill at that point and I can understand your deep fears for Mrs Brown.

You do this Liz, because you have one of the bigges hearts and kindest souls around (together with Steve, that is, that applies to you both), and you love bunnies :D Its so emotionally draining, and it does take its toll, I know. Remember to look after yourself in amist all the bunnies.

You know where I am. x

He had lung issues and something wrong with his liver. No idea about what, for either, because he was such a stresshead we couldn't do much of anything without risk of respiratory failure (most of his treatment was done at home under advice from my vet, but the vet seeing him very rarely). We couldn't do many diagnostics, just maintain him as long as he wanted to be maintained.

That's not much help to you though, I'm sure.

You do this Liz, because you have one of the biggest hearts and kindest souls around (together with Steve, that is, that applies to you both), and you love bunnies :D Its so emotionally draining, and it does take its toll, I know. Remember to look after yourself in amidst all the bunnies.

My sentiments exactly. You do a wonderful job for those poor wee bunnies.

Sending massive vibes for Mrs Brown.

Thank you.

We were planning to bond her to Dexter once she had been spayed. They would make the perfect couple, she is so friendly and would really bring him out of his shell. I hope we still get the chance to bond them.

Back