• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally got my precious girl home :.(

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
Just picked up Tillys ashes from the vets (3 months after I lost her :evil:)
Anyway I'm glad she's finally home with us, but its just bought it all back to me. I can't believe that all that's left of my best friend is a little pile of ashes :cry: :cry::cry::cry:

I miss you everyday Toodlepip, I still cant believe you're gone. Timmy helped me open the parcel that had your ashes in, he misses you too, he loves Mimi but you were his first love and the love of his life, no doubt. Gotta stop crying now coz don't want to upset daddy when he gets in from work.

I just feel empty without you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm sorry for your loss.

I planted a a small shrub where we buried Floss. I'm thinking of getting a little rabbit statue to put there too, maybe something like that?

I love the shrub suggestion but unfortunatly I dont have a garden and I'm abit wary of having house plants coz my other 2 buns have free range of the house all day, even when I'm at work or out and they can be so mischievous!

I know OH will be really upset too but he's one of those classic male tyes that likes to keep it in and not talk about it, so if thats how he likes to handle it then I dont want to upset him even more by bawling on him. Having said that I probably wont beable to help myself anyway.
xx

I'm so sorry it's taken that long for Tilly to come home, and the loss :(

I know you can have jewels made from ashes, but I'm not sure how much it would cost. Is there any nice countryside nearby where you could scatter her ashes?

I'm so sorry it's taken that long for Tilly to come home, and the loss :(

I know you can have jewels made from ashes, but I'm not sure how much it would cost. Is there any nice countryside nearby where you could scatter her ashes?

i do recal seeing a newspaper artical of someone who had diamonds made from her grandfathers ( ? ) ashes i think it was about £2000 a gem:shock:

My mum was never quite sure what to do with our dogs ashes, we kept taking them away with us to places he liked to go on holiday, but nothing felt quite right. Then a couple of weeks ago, our darling little farm cat had to be PTS, she and he were busom buddies, she used to sleep in his bed and pester him to bits, so it felt right to put his ashes in with her. Maybe you might save them to put in with Timmy when his time comes (in the very distant future, touchwood! :) ), or perhaps put them to one side until you're really sure what you want to do with them.

My mum was never quite sure what to do with our dogs ashes, we kept taking them away with us to places he liked to go on holiday, but nothing felt quite right. Then a couple of weeks ago, our darling little farm cat had to be PTS, she and he were busom buddies, she used to sleep in his bed and pester him to bits, so it felt right to put his ashes in with her. Maybe you might save them to put in with Timmy when his time comes (in the very distant future, touchwood! :) ), or perhaps put them to one side until you're really sure what you want to do with them.

Yes I think thats a good suggestion, thanks. For now she can stay at home with us and when the unthinkable happens and we lose Timmy (my god touch every piece of wood around you that it wont be for many, many,many years) we can do something with them both together. They were so in love, when she died he lay down beside her and it broke every cell in my heart. It's nice to feel that she's kind of here with us still.
I needn't have worried about upsetting OH, he was devastated when he got home and saw her ashes anyway. We were so sad last night, we miss her so much :cry:

xx

Back