• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mammoth bunny cleaning task

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
It's the time of year where the buns housing needs a serious cleaning and sprusing! Repairs made, walls and floors scrubbed and adjustments made. I'm not quite sure how to do it this year, in previous years i've either had the buns in hutches with runs and have done it one hutch at a time taking the buns out and either putting them on the lawnin the pen or in a carrier, or i had massive dog kennels which had a bedroom bit they could be shut in whilst i scrubbed the rest.
This year though i have the bunny shed, i converted this last May and it's all got the same floor with the pen walls sitting on top, so if i got the hose into one pen the water would go into all of them. Now i've got 4 carriers, a dog crate and a moveable pen, i however have 5 pairs, 1 threesome and a single bun? this doesn't quite fit into the temp accomodation i have. Cleaning the shed will take me a whole day from removing all the bedding, scrubbing the floors, walls etc and then making the needed repairs. I need another temp house for a day hmmmm any ideas?

Could one be a housebun for the day? :lol:

Mine will need their massive clean out aswell. They seem to be going through a destructive and 'lets poo everywhere and so it gets nice and trodden in with the hay' stage atm :roll:

Could one be a housebun for the day? :lol:

Mine will need their massive clean out aswell. They seem to be going through a destructive and 'lets poo everywhere and so it gets nice and trodden in with the hay' stage atm :roll:

Not with Daisy around, she is not good with bunnies at all and i'd be petrified she'd get out and get them.

Back