• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clover is off to the vets, he hasn't eaten today UD - pics of Clo eating!!!

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
:DPoor Clo, he's not himself - he doesn't appear to have eaten at all - I've been out to get juicy dandelions and everything to tempt him, but no response, so we're off to the vets this afternoon. Dandy has been bouncing about like anything, but Clo hasn't been at all bouncy.

Blackie and Butter are a bit too bouncy - Blackie keeps trying to bonk Butter's head, and he's getting stroppy with him 'cos he wants to be left alone now.

Sigh...stressful day....:(

Last edited:
I had the same problem with Timmy on Sunday and had to take him to the out of hours vet. She couldn't find anything obvious, but gave him gut stimulants and a painkiller. The only thing we could assume was that he must of hurt himself somehow and felt too bad to eat, especially as he kept shivering and twitching. Got sent home with loads of meds to give him. Must have been that though, as by the time we got home (and the painkiller had kicked in...), he came out of his carrier, did a binky and ran straight to his hay box!:roll: He's been full of beans ever since!:D

I hope Clover recovers just as quickly and it isn't anything too serious. Keep us updated, sending vibes!xxx

2 injections, oral antibiotic and 2 hourly syringe feeding - hadn't done the feeding myself before - we got a bit sticky! There's no gut sounds, and he was a bit bloated.

Perhaps he ate too much grass off the lawn yesterday? It was quite sparse grass so I didn't think it would be too rich for him. Now I feel guilty!:(

Buttercup had this when he came round after his castration, and he was hospitalised for a couple of days. I was given the choice of feeding Clo at home or having him in hospital, but I thought I'd like to keep him with Dandy, who he lives with. He has another check up tomorrow.

Yeah I know that feeling, every time I have syringed anything into Pye I am guaranteed to end up wearing some of it and have a couple of poos on me and once he even weed all over me :roll: :lol:

Yeah I know that feeling, every time I have syringed anything into Pye I am guaranteed to end up wearing some of it and have a couple of poos on me and once he even weed all over me :roll: :lol:

Would be glad to get the poos at the moment.

Just done another feed - the little monkey spat it out! I didn't even know rabbits could spit!!! He seems frisky enough - he's watching Midsomer Murders at the moment - but he's usually such a gannet that it's really freaky that he's not eating...:(

hopefully he'll start eating whilst the commercial break is on:)

good luck with the syringe feeding - no idea how some bunny parents can do it so easily:shock:

Sending lots of pooping vibes x

If he's gassy did the vet mention giving him gripe water or infacol? I've also done diluted pineapple juice with Pye, not sure what worked in the end so everytime he stopped eating and got gassy he would be whisked to the vet for his pain meds and guts stimulant and I would follow it up with doses of infacol or gripe water and sometimes make a yummy mix of critical care and pineapple juice. Not sure what method you're using, I always used to have Pye on my knee when I syringe fed but I've now taken to sitting him on the bench, I wear less and he seems less stressed.

Its a horrible situation, you feel so useless but you are doing everything you can for him. I really hope he picks up soon xxx

Sending lots of pooping vibes x

If he's gassy did the vet mention giving him gripe water or infacol? I've also done diluted pineapple juice with Pye, not sure what worked in the end so everytime he stopped eating and got gassy he would be whisked to the vet for his pain meds and guts stimulant and I would follow it up with doses of infacol or gripe water and sometimes make a yummy mix of critical care and pineapple juice. Not sure what method you're using, I always used to have Pye on my knee when I syringe fed but I've now taken to sitting him on the bench, I wear less and he seems less stressed.

Its a horrible situation, you feel so useless but you are doing everything you can for him. I really hope he picks up soon xxx

Thanks - he's having the oral feed stuff every couple of hours - I've resorted to smearing it on his face and paws because he will lick it off to get clean, and at least it gets some in him. Very little gets in his mouth via the syringe - he's learnt to cover his mouth with his paws or duck his head under the towel when he sees the syringe!!!

He likes the pineapple juice better, but the vet said to do that every other feed because of the high sugars, although I might water it down and mix it with the oral feed and see how that goes.

he did try eating the towel - which I guess is a step in the right direction!

he enjoyed watching the TV - and disgraced homself by peeing on the settee (despite having just peed in his travel case - bless!)

He's sleeping in my room in travel case at tonight. I had set up two hutches facing each other in the garage for him and Dandelion so that I could monitor food/poos etc, but he came in for his feed at 8.30 and decided he wasn't going back out! Dandelion seems settled in the garage so I didn't disturb him. I don't like having them seperate, but they share a poo tray etc, and I want to monitor what goes in and out of Clo.

Sorry I'm rambling - it's been a long stressful day!

Oh no Clover is such a sweetie..hope he starts munching soon. Have you tried temping him with some grass or fresh herbs? Mine always start eating them first..also making him hop around, even though he may not want to should help get things moving. Did he get any painkillers at the vet (metacam)

Oh no Clover is such a sweetie..hope he starts munching soon. Have you tried temping him with some grass or fresh herbs? Mine always start eating them first..also making him hop around, even though he may not want to should help get things moving. Did he get any painkillers at the vet (metacam)

He had two injections - my head was buzzing by the time I'd had all the various instructions, but I think one was for pain relief.

He got quite lively during the last half hour of Midsummer Murders! he'd sat watching it for ages, then he started hopping along the settee and in and our of his case, so I'm hoping that means he's feeling more relaxed. He's settled down in his travel case now - I'm really hoping he'll wake me up by crunching his food loudly in the middle of the night!!!

If he moving about a bit then hopefully thats good and getting any food into him is better than nothing. I really hope he perks up through the night and crunches as loudly as possible to wake you! its the best sound :love:

Will keep my fingers crossed, hope you manage to get some sleep x

How's your boy this morning?

Had a messy syringe feed at 6.30, which he's now cleaned off himself (he get more in that way!) He enjoyed the pineapple juice again.

He's running around the conservatory with Dandelion at the moment - he looks quite bouncy, a lot different to yesterday morning.

He's literally just had a drink of water (hurray!!!) and done 2 tiny weeny poops!!!!!!!:D Hopefully that's a good sign!!!!!!

Back