• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

friend for penny or not ?

pennypoos

Mama Doe
iv been thinking of getting a friend for my penny for some time now. The thing is my husband will not let me have any more animals in the house, so it means if i did get her a friend they would have to be ouside buns.
i realy don`t want penny to go out side, i love having her in the house and i would miss her loads. i dont` know what to do ......im stuck !
somtimes i look at penny and feel sorry for her sat all by herself in her bed with no one to snuggle up to. even though she get`s all the attention in the world from me the kids and somtime my husband, i still think she would love to have a bunny friend. what would you do ?

You can't beat seeing two bunnies snuggled up together, or grooming each other, or playing together!:D

And you'll see see plenty of her, and I'm sure she and her buddy would be allowed to visit in the house too once your hubby has fallen in love with the new one:lol:

Hmm its a toughy.It would be a shame for her to have to go outside after living indoors with you but also I'm sure she'd love a bunny friend.
My advise is to work on the husband ;) If you've already got one bun in the house then another is not going to make much difference atall, space wise (if you have a big enough living area for them) or cost wise. The only time things might get abit crowded is when you first get the other bun and you are bonding them, as they will not beable to be kept together at first. But if you rescue a bun in need of a new home (as I and most people on here would advise you do ;)) you can always ask the rescue home to do the bonding for you for a small donation.
Be relentless with the hubby, pester him until he can't be bothered to argue anymore ;) Then Penny will have the best of both worlds :D
xxx

at the moment if i was starting again, selfish or not id opt for a single house bunny. yes two buns snuggling is amazing but once that pair are split by death you then have to deal with a grieving bunny who has known true love so cannot be left single because they miss bunny company. so the circle is never ending.

a lone bunny from the start cant miss what its never had and if the bond with its humans is strong can be a very very happy bunny :love::love::love: ofcourse Alvin was always destined to have a partner because he didnt/wont bond with humans the way he should to be truely happy.

^^^^^^^^^^^ cant believe ive typed that if im honest, but its how i feel about bunny pairs right now :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I'd work on the hubby too, if he cares about money I'd play it from that angle hehe, explain how much a big hutch/run costs and how if you're ill/away he will have to go outside in all weathers for you to feed/clean them etc :shock:

Crumpet is a house bun and my OH was reluctant at first about getting a second bunneh but he knows it will make me and Crumps happier, and he is glad he will get to spend a little bit more time with me, as at the moment all my attention is taken up by Crumps :lol:

Back