• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do your rabbits have in there bedrooms.

Rachel89

Mama Doe
When my lot come back they will be free rangeing all around the garage again but I get worried incase they get abit bored of the same of things :oops:

So what do you all have for your rabbits?

Someone I was talking to had a mini sand pit for her rabbit to dig in and loved it....I'd never heard of that before :?

Mine are in NIC grid set ups, so they have NIC grid ledges to sit ontop of and hide underneath, they have stools, tunnels, boxes, their litter tray, jingle balls, willow toys, chew toys etc

I've heard of people having dig boxes for them, some with sand and some with mud, but mine live in my spare room so i dont want them making any more mess than they already do :lol:

In my opinion a fleece blankie is a must: my bunnies spend hours and hours digging on it, rearranging it and sitting on and next to it.

Mine also have a 'binky cushion' which is an absolute object of desire for them. They spend ages sitting on it and trying to out manouver each other. It is a bit like carpet bowls with bunnies: whoever gets closest wins!

My two have a pretty boring room.
I have tried them with all sorts of cushions, willow balls, steps to go up on etc etc, but they just dont bother with them!
The only thing Herbie plays with is a blanket, he pushes it about the place!

In my opinion a fleece blankie is a must: my bunnies spend hours and hours digging on it, rearranging it and sitting on and next to it.

Mine also have a 'binky cushion' which is an absolute object of desire for them. They spend ages sitting on it and trying to out manouver each other. It is a bit like carpet bowls with bunnies: whoever gets closest wins!

Ah yes, forgot about blanket/mat! :D

I've just today had to take my buns fleece blanket away from them. Its a real shame because they love to snuggle on it and push it around, but Mimi has become OBSESSED with digging and chewing on it and I'm worried she's ingesting some of it (it looks completely moth eaten, holes everywhere :roll:) Do your buns chew their blankets aswell?
Other than that they have a draw under my bed full of old, unwanted clothes which they love to dig around and snuggle in. It was MY draw but the little devils savaged so many of my clothes I now have to live out of a suitcase and they have their own draw :lol: Wierdly they weren't doing it in my boyfs draw :?
I made them a house out of a cardboard box but they're not interested in it atall. They do love their loo rolls stuffed with hay tho.
I'm looking forward to hearing some other bunny entertainment/toy ideas on this thread as unfortunatly I dont have a garden for mine to play in so worry that they get bored. They do have free range of my entire flat though, and are nosey little :evil::lol:

I can sympathise with the blankets, the only thing mine won't eat is the vetbed *touches wood*.
I had blankets before destroyed and Becki put a duvet under there hutch as Honey kept sneaking under and getting stuck. 4hours later it was like walking into a winter wonderland the mess they had made of killing it and spreading the inside everywere :lol:

I may get some sand or soil then as they love to dig.

Mine have lotsof bits of cardboard, cardboard tunnel, two tunnels joined to make a big tunnel, another tunnel. Some jingle balls, some sticks they like to chuck about. Wooden chews, cuddly toys and a box they like to sit on.

But after a while they get bored and try and find something they shouldn't to destroy :shock: :lol:

My only problem is I don't like rotating it around too much as Honeys got one eye and partially sighted in her remaining eye so I like to make sure she knows were everything is.

Crumpet is in a NIC cube set up too, and he seems pretty content with jumping up and down and running around when he has to be in there, and generally runs around the room and licks everything when he's out with us. He has all the other usual bits like jingle balls, baby teething rings, cardboard rings etc. I'd recommend getting a plastic washing up bowl and filling that with hay, Crumpet spends hours in his chilling out, digging and having a nom.

We recently got him a 'crinkle tunnel' which is a cat/small animal tunnel with extra tunnels coming off the sides, and it crinkles really loudly, and he LOVES running through it, though the first time he made it crinkle it scared him bless. :love:

Anyone else find that their buns suck the blankets too? Crumpet looks as if he is eating it but when you look at it is just soggy :lol:

Back