• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutering tomorrow U/D He's not ready

Boots

Mama Doe
So Crumpet is finally getting the op tomorrow, and I know I'm doing the best thing by him, but I'm so nervous :shock:

The vet is recommended by Fat Fluffs and I have every confidence in her, but I just can't stop worrying :oops:

However, the sooner he is recovered, the sooner we can get him a life partner wifebun :love:

I know everyone needs vibes, but if you have any spare please could you send some quick recovery vibes for Crumpet!

Last edited:
:wave: Hello Steph .. Abi here :wave: Fancy meeting you here?!

Everything crossed for your little man for tomorrow. Go and make him a packed lunch of his favourite hay, veg and pellets to take with him! :D

thanks drboo!

Hehe hey Abi :wave:
yeah thats what im about to do, lots of fenugreek crunchies going in there! luckily I have kinda made pellets into a treat, so when he is offered them he practically inhales them he eats them so fast :lol: so im hoping that will kick start his appetite.

any tips for a calm car journey? he's never been in a carrier before

any tips for a calm car journey? he's never been in a carrier before

Put something comfortable in the bottom (some people use a blanket whereas others use newspaper and hay) to minimise slipping around. If you use a blanket remember to put some hay in too!

Don't fret about putting a water bottle on the carrier - it's not a long journey from your's to the vet. You could just give him a nice piece of wet spring greens to give him some fluid.

Then I suggest strapping the carrier in with the seatbelt (unless someone can have him on their lap?) and then just chat calmly to him on the journey! He'll pick up on your anxieties - so if you stay calm, he will too :)

Remember - he's allowed to eat right up until his op ... so 'breakfast' as normal in the morning :)

ah okay that sounds good!

I was planning on putting one of his house blankets in there with him, so that at least he knows the smell? Yeah he'll be on my lap, I'm getting a taxi so I can focus on him.

I've also put the carrier on the floor at the moment, and he's investigated it a little bit, so I'm hoping he won't be too freaked out when he goes in there.

Sorry to ask a million questions but I know he should be home by about half 4, but what's the recovery time like for a male? I'm going to make sure his home is comfy and clean for when he gets back.

Sorry to ask a million questions but I know he should be home by about half 4, but what's the recovery time like for a male? I'm going to make sure his home is comfy and clean for when he gets back.

Recovery for a male is usually pretty quick, especially for a young lad, as it's a non-invasive procedure. Hopefully by the time you've had him back at home for an hour or two (maybe sooner) he'll be eating well - but don't panic if he's not!

Just keep him quiet and warm for the first night, offer him all his favourite foods and lots of yummy hay and he'll be fine.

You have my number so feel free to give me a call if you have any worries or questions tomorrow or during his recovery xx

thanks so much Abi that's amazing :D i'll update this thread in the morning when I know more xx

Abi already knows, but for everyone else Crumpet wasn't ready yet, his plums haven't dropped yet :shock:

However, he got his first Myxi vaccination done, and I have some panacur to give him for 9 days. Jo the Vet is very nice, I know she'll do a great job when he does become "fully descended" :D

Back