• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do 2 female buns work well together?

sue 1974

Alpha Buck
As the title says really, they are already together, but i have only experinced a male and female pairing. So would they end up fighting and falling out?

Thanks

Really it depends on the rabbits. They stand a better chane at staying together if they are spayed. Are yours spayed? If not, how old are they?

i've got to sisters together there 6 this year and they've never fought

ETA my 2 are not spayed

Last edited:
I have 2 sisters together - had minor scraps just before they got neutered, fine and loved up since. I think if they get on now they should be fine as long as you spey them as early as is sensible, before any pattern of hormonal or aggressive behaviour starts

As people have said, i think it depends on the buns. I tried for a foursome with my 2 male/female pairs and the girls were vile to each other!

I know lots of female pairings get on fine, but mine never have really been perfect.

I have a mum and daughter (used to be 2 daughters but I had to take Strawberrry out the group as they beat her up)

Mum and daughter have been together for three years and are generally fine together (not loved up like my male/femle pairs), but mum is horrendous if any other buns are around and can be quite nasty to her daughter.

I'm sticking to MF pairs always in future!

Back