PDA

View Full Version : Unsure if I need to worry or not?

rachylou
13-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Jims has been quite sleepy today, falling asleep in his hay box a lot.
He is eating as usual, pooping and weeing as usual so his tummy does not seem to be causing any bother, his eyes/ears/nose are all clear.
Do I need to be concerned or could he just be tired?

TeflonsShadow
13-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Rimmi is being the same, he was fine when I got him back from Sams but now he just keeps stretching out and snoozing.... I dont know whether its because hes tired or if I should worry, he isnt floppy and still wriggles when I hold him but if I take him out of his box he will stretch out somewhere else............. :(

rachylou
13-04-2010, 09:03 PM
How strange! :? Maybe something in the air? :roll:

hannah.mc
13-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Warmer weather I think,Petie's been doing lots of stretched out/flaked out laying round too..............

TeflonsShadow
13-04-2010, 09:08 PM
I dont like it, I dont know what to do??

Winter did it a fortnight a go, I left her for 30 mins and then was about to take her to the vets when she perked up like normal and was fine. Vet couldnt see anything wrong with her........:?

rachylou
13-04-2010, 09:13 PM
It is rather odd isnt it?!
Jims fell asleep in his hay box, I crouched down to see him, usually he would run out to see me but he just stretched his head forward and snuggled down like he didnt have the energy to come out :?

prettylupin
13-04-2010, 09:17 PM
If bun is stretching a lot up and down repeatedly than this often indicates gas and discomfort abdominally in some rabbits. If bun is just staying in the same position but in a stretched relaxed pose then I don't think you need to worry. :)

It is quite late at night now and buns do bed down around this time. Mine are knackered by 6 or 7pm and are always asleep in their hutch at this time, then awake later on around 10 or 11. It may just be natural rhythm disturbed by clocks moving forward and light levels increasing. It may also be that your bun has had a partiularly busy day, less sleep around lunchtime when they are naturally resting and just catching up now. As long as eating and drinking and not actively hiding away in a hunched or position that frequently changes then I'm sure all is well. :)

TeflonsShadow
13-04-2010, 09:26 PM
If bun is stretching a lot up and down repeatedly than this often indicates gas and discomfort abdominally in some rabbits. If bun is just staying in the same position but in a stretched relaxed pose then I don't think you need to worry. :)

It is quite late at night now and buns do bed down around this time. Mine are knackered by 6 or 7pm and are always asleep in their hutch at this time, then awake later on around 10 or 11. It may just be natural rhythm disturbed by clocks moving forward and light levels increasing. It may also be that your bun has had a partiularly busy day, less sleep around lunchtime when they are naturally resting and just catching up now. As long as eating and drinking and not actively hiding away in a hunched or position that frequently changes then I'm sure all is well. :)

Thanks, thats really useful, Im keeping an eye on him, he isnt changing position, other than when Winter comes and steals all the space but I might stay up with him to make sure all is well.

Theyre such a worry!!!!!!!!

prettylupin
13-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Theyre such a worry!!!!!!!!

That they are!! Tell me about it. Hope he and you both get a good night's sleep. :)

rachylou
13-04-2010, 10:42 PM
I think he was tired! He seems to have 'woken' up now, has been bouncing around quiite happily. How strange :?

TeflonsShadow
13-04-2010, 10:50 PM
I think he was tired! He seems to have 'woken' up now, has been bouncing around quiite happily. How strange :?

Yeah, Rimmi has perked up and is eating now and hopping about..... darn buns!!!

BaileyBunn
14-04-2010, 12:43 AM
Bailey was like tht all day today aswell , 6hours crouched under the bed asleep, i think its somthing to do with the warmer weather, x

rachylou
15-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Ok not sure what to do, again today Jims does not seem himself, he seemes almost 'Freaked out' Just not himself, it was my Hubby's borthday yesterday and I brought him one of those standing helium balloons, Jims HATED it and was terrified but I have since moved it in to the bedroom so I can not imagine it would still be causing distress.
He is still happily eating and his poops look nice and fibreous so I really do not know what to do, I dont know if I should call the vets or not? :?