• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*Our new foster bun hutch*

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
Picked it up today from chap in Peterborough (bought via ebay for £67). Impressed with quality overall, I think we'll replace the wire mesh though as it doesn't appear very strong & we'll add a bolt to the middle door. He'll make any size/design you want though which is handy to know and he'll make up runs as well :)

Just finished installing the new lino so it's looking very posh now. Once the minor modifications are made we're all ready for our first foster bun :D

Hutches003.jpg

Hutches001.jpg

Hutches007.jpg

Very nice - they little ramp looks handy if you put a run in front as well. if you dont mind, how much did you pay for it?

Very nice - they little ramp looks handy if you put a run in front as well. if you dont mind, how much did you pay for it?

I got it for £67, they quoted me £80 as a buy it now so I took my chances & bid :D It's a 5ft hutch and comes with a sturdy wooden stand. I liked the design, like you say the little ramp is good & will work well with the run I've bought :)

Will you be having a run with it, I wasnt allowed to foster unless I could off the 6 x 2 hutch with attachd run. Looks like great quality though

Oh yes, got that too :) It's on loan to my MIL at the mo as she has a foster bun with her and doesnt have a secure garden. We hope to get another run next week but in the meantime our foster bun (just arrived today) will have free supervised time in our garden (which IS secure). I think Jill was impressed with the hutch overall as it's quite a lot deeper than standard ones so although only 5ft long it's a good height inside and plenty of leg stretching space :D We'll only have one bun at a time in it.

Oh yes, got that too :) It's on loan to my MIL at the mo as she has a foster bun with her and doesnt have a secure garden. We hope to get another run next week but in the meantime our foster bun (just arrived today) will have free supervised time in our garden (which IS secure). I think Jill was impressed with the hutch overall as it's quite a lot deeper than standard ones so although only 5ft long it's a good height inside and plenty of leg stretching space :D We'll only have one bun at a time in it.

I havent been back on site for a while so just catching up and saw another thread from you where you were saying that you had a run too so sorry if it seemed I was jumping on you. I love fostering bunns as its just an excuse to have extra buns around. Really wish you lots of luck with it

I havent been back on site for a while so just catching up and saw another thread from you where you were saying that you had a run too so sorry if it seemed I was jumping on you. I love fostering bunns as its just an excuse to have extra buns around. Really wish you lots of luck with it

Nooo, didn't take it that way at all. Nice that you're interested :D

I looked in to fostering even went so far as to contact local centres. My OH but the breaks on it because he knew i'd try to keep them all. Not ALL but probably most of them ;)

Do you strugle to let them go when the time comes?

I looked in to fostering even went so far as to contact local centres. My OH but the breaks on it because he knew i'd try to keep them all. Not ALL but probably most of them ;)

Do you strugle to let them go when the time comes?

Well we're only on bun no. 2 so I guess I should let you know after a month or so :lol: I think a lot depends on the bun, how long they are with you etc. I think though that if they're leaving me it's because someone is going to give them a lovely home so that's a good thing :D

Back