• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

more bad news...possible arthritis?

wiggie

Alpha Buck
sigh...
After loosing TJ last week I noticed Paula had lost some weight and was dreading another epic dental journey as we already know she has some dental issues:roll:.
Yesterday we also noticed her standing a little funny and not always putting weight on one of her back feet.
The vet today thinks it may be arthritis as there is muscle wastage on both back legs with more so on the one she isn't standing on:shock:.
I know nothing about this at all so if anyone has any experience of buns with this any in fo would be good.
She's on metacam.
Why do they always have such good timing? I could have really done with having a bit of time to get over events with TJ before starting again.
I heard a rumour that some rabbit owners can go more than 2 weeks without seeing a vet!!!!:roll::lol:

you can give her food with added glucosamine diet in to maybe help her abit, the vets do vetmed with glucosamine, or burgess mature has i too :wave:

were at the vets every week :shock:

Thanks, have started reading a bit about it. Doesn't sound good:(. It hasn't been confirmed yet but it sounds like it could be.
Let the worrying begin.
Will ask about the glucosamine next time:)

Last edited:
Thanks, have started reading a bit about it. Doesn't sound good:(. It hasn't been confirmed yet but it sounds like it could be.
Let the worrying begin.
Will ask about the glucosamine next time:)

the metacam will help also :wave:

Back