• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

i used confi2clean spray to clean the nebuliser box...*what now!!!?????*

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
i usually wipe it down with milton but lack of sleep made my brain go and i used the confi2clean spray, and now i am paranoid because it says do not mix with other chemicals. :?

i use parvolex and hypertonic saline in the nebuliser. does anyone know if they will react with the cleaner??

just all worried now it will set off some dangerous reaction for the buns. :?:roll:

Last edited:
I have no idea but could you neublise plain water for a while away from the buns to try and clear anything dodgy out?

I'd check with the vets, i.e. what they clean their nebulisers with, as you wouldnt want to vapourise the cleaner.....perhaps clean it again with the regular stuff then nebulise plain saline to "clear" it?

so annoyed at myself :evil: but that's what 27 hours with no sleep will do i guess. :roll:

do you think i would be ok to nebulise plain water if i did it in the bedroom and keep the door closed and then open the windows so dan doesn't breathe it in tonight! :shock:

i only cleaned it with that because bisc wee'd in it while having the nebuliser :roll: and it was a natural reaction to reach for the confi2clean spray. :roll:

so annoyed at myself... :evil:

i will be so paranoid i will probably end up buying a new box. :roll:

:evil::evil: damn it! dan got a new box for the nebuliser and trying to put a hole in it it split all across and now i can't use it.

the buns have already missed the nebuliser this morning.

i am just steaming out the old one now. would other people use it still, if it is steamed out and then cleaned with milton, or would you not risk it?

i can get another box tomorrow but that would mean they have missed two lots of nebuliser so far, and will miss another in the morning. :?

sorry to post again, but can anyone advise please?

eta: i've steamed it out with plain water for over half an hour, and wiped it down with milton.

Does it smell of conficlean at all? If not I think I'd use it but don't want to advise you to as that is just me

when i steamed it, it just had the parvolex smell like usual.

i'm more paranoid now because i feel like there is confi2clean spray, mixed with parvolex, and milton, and saline! :roll:

and the award for most stupid person goes to............. :roll:

Well I am pretty sure saline and milton mixing with it won't cause any problems but I have no idea what parvolex is :shock:

it is a mucolytic. it is for the mucus build up in the nose. it kind of punches holes in the mucus so medication can get through.

i have no idea how i cut a hole in the box last time. :?

the new box couldn't have split worse really. :roll:

i'm too paranoid to use the old one now. i will try the new one with tape for now, and at least then they will get most of the steam, and definitely won't be breathing in anything bad... then get yet another new box tomorrow. :roll:

thanks for the help. :wave:

best get them in there now, matt is quite snuffly. xx

Back