• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would you do? Need advice as soon as!

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Fudge went into stasis on Thursday night so i gave her metacam as i always do (the highest dose) Friday morning her poo was the size of a pin head and she was grinding her teeth in pain although she still ate her breakfast just slower than usual.

So more metacam and Zantac to move things along and by friday night her poo was slightly bigger but she still was grinding her teeth loud even after her pain relief :? Again she was still eating.

Saturday was the same poo slightly bigger and more, i had a feel under her jaw sat night and the roots of her teeth felt slightly bigger on her right side and she didnt like me having a feel :(

Sunday was better she looked happier and was eating her usual fast self again and poo is bigger and again more of them :( as was Yesterday although i heard no grinding of her teeth and her tooth roots feel back to how they were not swollen and sore!

She does have problems with the roots of her teeth and went into stasis from the pain of them pushing through after 3 1/2 weeks on metacam she was fine!

Now i have a vet app for tonight, not with Fudges usual vet, he is on holiday so i am getting someone i dont know and im not sure if i need to go to the vets now!

Fudge is better and eating and pooing fine so should i see how she is on metacam only (like my usual vet says to do, metacam + Zantac for 3 days and if no improvement then take her in, if there is improvement metacam for a following 3 days without zantac)

I just dont feel comfortable taking her to a vet that doesnt know her and her history with her teeth, and this vet isnt very 'rabbit savvy'

I will with no doubt take her if she clearly needs to, or needs an emergency vet.

In your opinion what would you do? I know myself she is better but should i still go?

ETA: This stasis was different to the other times, it was more from the pain of her teeth but she did also have very bad gas Fri and Sat. And this all happened after i bought and tried her with alfalfa bales :?

Last edited:
I think if she was mine I would take her. But ultimately, the decision can only come from you because you know her stress levels vs staying at home vs stasis vs a different vet, etc.

What does your gut instinct say?

I wonder if maybe stronger pain relief would help?

Hmmm its a toughy :?
Well you know her best and if you think shes OK now, eating, drinking and pooing as normal and her belly feels nice and her teeth seem OK, maybe you can wait until your own vet is back then have him look at her teeth to make sure alls well.
If the other vet isnt rabbit savvy and doesnt know her history it might not comfort you to see him anyway. However if you have any doubts atall or she starts grinding her teeth again, take her in of course.

Back