• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flora got run over!

Mackers

Wise Old Thumper
Only by the dog fortunately! But it still involved an emergency trip to the vet yesterday evening. You may have read my previous post about the next door neighbour's cat stalking my rabbits. Well each time it appears, I send the dogs out to chase it off. Unfortunately this time, my OH had let Flora and Parsnip out for free-ranging time but he'd also left the back door wide open. Events unfolded as follows:-

3.00 pm - Flora and Parsnip let out to free range.
3.01 pm - Next doors cat sneaks over the fence.
3.02 pm - Dogs spot said cat in garden and proceed at 90mph outside to 'politely ask it to leave';)
3.02 and 1 millisecond pm - Flora saunters across the patio.
3.02 and 2 milliseconds pm - Dogs bowl Flora over :shock: in haste to 'politely ask cat to leave'.
4.45 pm - (after I've been home from work for half an hour), OH tells me to check Flora as she had an 'incident' with the dogs!!!!!! I can't believe he left it so long to tell me.

I can see that Flora has a cut mouth, cut gums, chipped front teeth and is VERY quiet and I can't tempt her to eat anything, not even parsley or curly kale (two of her favourites) :(. So fearing a fractured jaw, I rush her to Simon (my vet).

Fortunately, she is only badly bruised and grazed with no lasting damage but I swear I'm gonna get that damn cat if it's the last thing I do..................... The good news is she was nibbling on kale this morning.

you need a super soaker, 90% of cats hate getting wet, dogs and rabbits often dont mind it,

Your OH would love it :lol:

vibes and nose rubs for flora though bless her,

any chance you can grow bramles or a spiky plant across the top? those plastic spikes do naff all to my mums cost, and mums a cat lover, just one next door is beyond evil she used taunt my buns, we watched her walk tree to tree on sat, she was after chick eggs lil minx , we bought plastic spikes she just leaps up and gives a smug look the evil lil madam

You missed out: 4.45 and 1 millisecond pm - give OH death glare for not having told me sooner!
Tut! ;)

Poor Flora. I don't think it's quite what she expected from her own Bodyguard....that never happened to Whitney Houston! :lol:

Glad to hear it's not too serious. Wishing her lots of healing vibes. x

Yup - got a super-soaker primed and ready by the back door :lol::lol:. Flora says "thank you" for the get well soon vibes.

Awe poor Flora "it's a dangerous business hopping out your hutch door" I hope shes not too badly shaken up by the whole thing! At least the dogs are on the case!!

Back