• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on getting another bun needed please....

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
I'm moving Paddy and Peaches outside when the weather gets warmer into a 8x6 shed with a 10x8 aviary attached.

I'm thinking of getting another bun to bond in with them. It would have to be another male as Peaches doesnt like other girlie buns.

What do you think?

I've been thinking about this recently but I wouldnt want to ruin the bond that my two have already.
Are they quite close?

I've been thinking about this recently but I wouldnt want to ruin the bond that my two have already.
Are they quite close?

Well they're a funny pair, as they're more like best mates rather than being in love. I very rarely see them groom each other and they only occasionally sit next to each other. But they get on well, if that makes sense?

I tried to bond them with my other pair, and the boys got on great together but the girls were vile to each other, hence why I'd only get another male

i think it will al ldepend on the rabbits you have. i cant bond mine into a 3 as the boys didnt get along. i had to get coco a nother friend so i have four now 2 pairs.

Well they're a funny pair, as they're more like best mates rather than being in love. I very rarely see them groom each other and they only occasionally sit next to each other. But they get on well, if that makes sense?

I tried to bond them with my other pair, and the boys got on great together but the girls were vile to each other, hence why I'd only get another male

Oh I get you. As they are like that, and the past experience with them bieng fine with the male and they still liked each other after the failed bonding - Id try it :D

I dont think Il even think about it, as Oggie and Delly are quite close. They sit by each other and lick and flop together. Plus, they keep me on my toes enough :lol:

WHEEEEEE!!!!!!! Im excited for ya :lol::oops: I think, as long as the bun you get is very laid back, you'll be ok :) A laid back male would be best... then Peaches could still be the boss, and Paddy would have a friend more on his wave length. I wish i could have more buns :( xXx

I wouldn't add more buns to an already established bond.

I learned the hard way and have 3 single bunnies now.

I wouldn't add more buns to an already established bond.

I learned the hard way and have 3 single bunnies now.

Ive just added Kylo to Vikki's pair, it didnt start out great, but the end result is so wonderful. All 3 are so close! If it doesnt work, P&P wouldnt be hard to re-bond. Have you tried re-bonding Snow and Strawbs?? Im suprised they wont go back together :(

Ive just added Kylo to Vikki's pair, it didnt start out great, but the end result is so wonderful. All 3 are so close! If it doesnt work, P&P wouldnt be hard to re-bond. Have you tried re-bonding Snow and Strawbs?? Im suprised they wont go back together :(

I am going to be trying it soon, dont want to say when incase it jinxs it and I know some dont approve of me trying. I honestly dont think it is going to work though. Snowdrop was so agressive to Bungle I think she will be the same to Strawberry.

Back