• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please think of Teasal UD heart failure last hours UD left us at 2.30am

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
After noticing Teasal breathing fast yesterday and on Sunday we have taken him back to the vets today (he went yesterday too). They x-rayed him and the lungs show as milky. However they cannot get a clear idea of what is wrong - there is no actual fluid in the lungs but they say there may be fluid in the small air sacs (rather than the main lung area).

He has also gone into stassis with the stress which does not help as there is food sitting in the gut and stomach up against the diaphram.

They are not sure if it is an infection or cardio vascular - although there seems nothing wrong with the heart and no calcification of arteries showing.

They will scan him later to see if it clarifies and put him on injectible baytril (don't want to use depocillin whilst in stassis).

I am feeling very worried and alone with no Teasal in the house:(:(.

Please think of him and send get well vibes.

Last edited:
Poor lad :cry:

Sending lots of vibes for him xx

Suspect I'll be getting back to you once a diagnosis is in to se if you've had experience of whatever it is!

This last hour has gone SO SLOWLY - I really want him back but know he has to stay whilst they sort out diagnosis and treatment. Just feel so scared. he's always been so well except for his sludge. Cannot recall him ever being ill at all - the sludge was just physiological.

Teasal has heart failure :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

He has come home with suitable medication to make his last few hours comfortable. We are expecting him to pass away soon and have given Frusol to drain the lungs and make things easier and sedatives.

Teasal has been my constant companion for 8 years now since he arrived from Wood Green, always there when I am working, lurking in the kitchen waiting for titbits, hoping in and out of his cat flap, in his favourite place on a dining room chair, or sunbathing on the patio.

I feel gutted. My world will stop when his heart does.

I am so so so sorry for you :cry: I know its very little consolation right now but atleast he will pass peacefully at home with a mum who loves him very, very much and will undoubtedly make his last hours comfortable.
Loads of love and my thoughts are with you both at this auwful time xxxx

How awful. I hope he passes peacefully to the Bridge and knows just how much he is loved.

Wishing you loads of strength during an incredibly painful and heart-breaking time.

xxx

Back