• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

oh dear

pennypoos

Mama Doe
about an hour ago i heard an almighty scream come from my little girl who was in the kitchen with her big sis talkin to penny. I rushed in to see what was the matter, and found her holding her leg. She told me that penny had bit her. i picked her up and took her into the living room to have a look and she has a bruise and a couple of teeth marks :shock:.any way i managed to calm her down and asked her what happened. she told me that she was givin penny a stroke and that she growled at her then bit her leg.OH dear! i explained to her that if penny makes that sound then that means she is just a bit grumpy and just wants to be left alone, and told i her that if she doesn`t leave her alone when she makes a grumpy sound then she might give you a little nip to make you go away. penny has never done anything like that before, maybe she is just having a bit of an off day and want to be left alone.:oops:

Is Penny speyed? That's my first question cos does can get hormonal and if she's not speyed already it may be an idea to get her done to try and avoid her developing any hormone related aggressiveness.
If she is already speyed it could still be perhaps the time of year as all mine are done but still get a bit funny come spring.
How old is you little girl? I really wouldn't leave children unattended with bunnies. II have 3 daughters but wouldnt ever leave them together with my buns if I wasnt there. When a pair of ours were house buns, Hazel our neutered buck would nip (not bite, a proper bite would really break the skin) to get my 6 year old to move out of the way as they nudge and nip each other bums to get them to move so it may be your doe was being bossy. Thing is your doe may have been getting fed up of being stroked but kids cant read the signs like adults can so bunny may have nipped cos she wanted to be left alone.

penny was spayed about four weeks ago.she is usually fine with the kids but from now on im only going to let them stroke her when i am around. Amber (my little girl that penny bit ) is 4 in june, has a realy good bond with the rabbit, she will sit and stroke her, and in turn penny will lick her hand, penny will also go up to amber and nudge her for nose rubs.
I think she was just fed up with the kids and wanted them to go away.
Amber went up to penny just a few minutes with some basil and said sorry for making her mad bless her. Iv told the kids not to go near her unless i am there to make sure she is not going to do it again.:roll::oops: they are only little girls and they certainley don`t understand rabbit behaviour. I don`t think it will happen again.:roll:

Poor Amber!!

Its hard with children insnt it! Chloe is only 2 and she adores animals but doesnt understand about being quiet or the signals they give off! She thinks its funny when Rolo (my yorkie) growls at her when he has had enough of her. He is very tolerant of her though! I want to include her with the animals and teach her along the way. Although she wont be having any unsupervised access with Pip but i cant be off leaving Chloe and Rolo together alone, it would be impossible to have a quick wee or anything!! :lol:

Back