• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

There's Something Wrong With Sir Victor -U/D Back From Vets

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
......... and I dont know what.
He is eating, drinking and pooing as normal. He is active and norty as normal.
BUT for the last 2-3 days he has had weird episodes of having a really 'tucked up' abdomen. As if he's trying to suck his tum under his ribcage. Obviously when it first happened I thought 'acute abdominal pain'. But on examination everything was fine and the 'tucked upness' had gone (within about 30 seconds of it happening) So I thought I must have imagined it. But no, it has happened about 5 times since. The latest being this morning.

Obviously we are seeing Christobel tomorrow (it's her day off today and I really need it to be her we see). But unless the 'tucked upness' happens whilst she is examining him I dont think she'll have much to work on :? I know I am not a Vet but I have felt hundreds of Bunny abdomens and Victor's really does feel completely normal :?

I even considered maybe Kidney stones or bladder sludge/stones. But he has absolutely no other symptoms and surely the 'tucked up episodes' would last longer than about 30 seconds and he would also not be eating OK etc :?

Sorry for this epic post :oops: I am just thinking out loud as I am really worried about him. I have never seen anything like this before and I dont like knowing there is something wrong but not knowing what :?

:cry:

Last edited:
I have no ideas or suggestions, but I do know how frustrating transient symptoms can be (Badger's coughy thing springs to mind because there was no obvious sign of anything wrong). As twisted as this sounds I do hope that he does it when in Christobel's presence tomorrow, at least then she could feel him and have something concrete to go on at that time.

What a headache for you!

Come on Sir Victor!

Im prob no help but i think I know what you mean winston does this sometimes then il find like a string of pearls next day. As long as seems ok I would see what vet says tomoz.
Winnie never seems in pain as you say and its like hes trying to suck his belly in or press his bum up.

Sending huge vibes Jane. I don't know what advice to give ... you are my oracle!

Give him a big nose rub from me x

Hi Jane,

Sorry have no advice but hope he is ok. Could he have pulled some muscles in his stomach and is stretching them? Probably a silly suggestion but just thinking why we would pull our stomachs in. Otherwise only to look slimmer!

x

Poor Sir Victor xx Sending him vibes.

I know when Rex had his Kidney stones this tucking up was the only symptom. We only found it as Hazel x-rayed him because of this and a very small weight loss.

hope he shows your vet tomorrow what hes doing and she can find out whats up quickly.. loads of vibes xxxx

Thanks guys.

I have just weighed him and he hasn't lost weight. He has been off treatment for his chronic otitis for about a month now and his right ear is not the 'may west'. But I have seen ALOT worse. And why would a sore ear cause the very transient 'tucked up' abdomen :?

I am thinking along the lines of some sort of plumbing problem, either bladder or kidneys.

Why is NOTHING about Rabbits straightforward.......................

My rabbit Bella did exactly the 'tucked up' tummy thing that you describe. She started doing this one day and was doing it periodically, only doing it for a few seconds at a time. (It sort of looked to me like she was hunching over awkwardly to eat a cecal). When I took her to Christobel later that afternoon she diagnosed her with a UTI and gave her treatment for that (baytril and pain relief). Bella also started dribbling urine and her bladder was very painful when C was expressing it, although there was no sign of sludge.

Sadly Bella died the next day, Christobel kept her in to take care of her but she wasn't getting any better and deteriorated rapidly so we decided to PTS.

I don't mean to worry you by saying this, I just wanted to let you know that I have seen this before and in my case it was plumbing problems.

Bella was a very poorly Bunny- she had dental problems and tummy probs and had lots of GA's in a short space of time and I think she just couldn't take any more.

I am sure that Sir Victor will be fine- with you and Christobel taking care of him he is in very safe hands. Sending him and you lots and lots of vibes xxx

Victor has not had any more 'tucked up' episodes so far today. His bladder feels completely normal. Dip-test of his wee is normal and he's not drinking loads or straining to wee.

C has told me to continue monitoring him over the next 48 hours and we have an appointment on Friday morning now. But of course if anything more developes she will see him before then.

Victor is seeing C ar 1015am.
He has only had one more tucked up episode :? His right ear isn't looking good though :cry:

I'll update later xx

Shall look out for updates later on and hope the vet can find out what's wrong with him! Sending vibes xx

Back