• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sleepy bunny - poss moulting??

Hi everyone, would moulting cause my 11mt old bunny to be a bit more sleepy than usual, she is moulting a lot as she is loosing her baby coat as well as her winter one, could this cause her to be a bit more sleepy? She is eating and pooing normally and has a bright eye but just very sleepy. she is normally very active and lively. Her husbun is normal and is running around and eating well. Any ideas what could be wrong?

hmmm well unless she too hot and just chilling I would keep eye on her it might just be she needs a day off today.
I would advise you to get pineapple juice what we drink and allow both buns some start with little amount. Mine get a bit every week and more during moults. Pineapple helps break down furballs also good for stomach pains.
If she has ate too much fur during cleaning herself then she may have bad stomach. Just keep eye on her and obv if she did get worse then take to vets but as long as she is eating and drinking and moving around a little at least this is ok.

I was told from a lady who runs a rescue but most recently winnie had bloat and our vet advised as much pimeapple juice as he could have as its also good as an anti inflammatory and produces good bacteria in stomach. So try a little everyday with them both untill moults over obv start little as it might give runs although mine have been fine. You can also get pineapple biscuits from pets at home if they dont like the juice but not sure how good they are.

if you wish to use pineapple juice stick with fresh pinapple, and only use a small amount, as with introducing any foods it has to be done carefully, also a good brush everyday even for just a min or two, is better than nothing, :D

yep thats fine, maybe stick in a bowl, instead of there water bottle, with a little roojm temp water, buns seem to prefere room temp water

Back