• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gardening for buns

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Today I bought some shrubs for my garden that wont hurt the buns if they eat them.........

Thyme
Golden Thyme
Lavender
Rosemary
Sage

Are these all ok?

Yes they are OK.
Parsnip bun did a good series of articles for the RWA's magazine Rabbiting on as Dr. Twigs. Rabbit safe plants are listed for every season.

Yep, all ok :) When Ronnie manages to push past me of a morning to escape into the garden he always races over to the rosemary bush :lol: He loves the stuff! We do have sage and lavender too, which i pick for the buns xxx

Usually I am planting seeds to grow things for humanconsumption at this timeof year - however, since the arrival last August of my 4 bunnies all of the planting has changed into finding things suitable for rabbits....:)

Usually I am planting seeds to grow things for humanconsumption at this timeof year - however, since the arrival last August of my 4 bunnies all of the planting has changed into finding things suitable for rabbits....:)

Awww :D

Trouble is, as fast as you plant them, the rabbits completely decimate them!

I've discovered it's best to plant things for my buns in pots in a seperate part of the garden, then I will put a pot of 'rabbit' plants out for them to eat, and I can change it for a fresh post when they've had a good go at it - luckily they like their hay best and nibble at other things rather than devouring them!:D

Yes they are OK.
Parsnip bun did a good series of articles for the RWA's magazine Rabbiting on as Dr. Twigs. Rabbit safe plants are listed for every season.

Hi

Thats me! In fact my name is (Dr) Twigs Way (and no I didn't change it when I became a garden historian as a career).

!

PS the other thing you can do is once something is badly nibbled, put an upturned wire basket (from a hanging basket) over it to prevent nibbling whilst it grows back - then simply remove when 'lunch' is ready again!!

Back