• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My Baby girl,Lily Shane.UPDATE

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Shes had weight loss for a short while.Losing condition.
Took her to see Ian with the rest of the clan.He didnt do her myxi,she has chest sounds cos of her chronic snuffles.He burred her incisors, advised me to give her baytril 0.5 ml daily and metacam daily cos her mobility has lessened.
Shes eating really well, and her deterioration has only happened since I bonded her with BB.She is also barbering him...Ian took pics for his lectures!! BB has eyebrows!!!!
My plan is to seperate them and bring her indoors.
He piddles everywhere and she sits in it.....her hocks are dirty.
Im going to lavish EVERYTHING I have for a week.Ian wants me to ring him next week.
Please help me and her.Im so desperate and I cant lose her thus far in.
Her will to live is incredible.She weighs .535kg.Bones.

Last edited:
Has she had a 28 day course of Panacur ? Weightloss/loss of condition/reduced mobility *might* indicate an EC involvement.

Do you give a probiotic in her drinking water or better still have you tried her on some Fibreplex. I have found Fibreplex to be helpful for underweight Rabbits, it appears to help them metabolise the nutrients they ingest.

http://www.petmeds.co.uk/p-3345-fibreplex-for-rabbits-and-small-animals-15m.aspx

Echinacea could help boost her immune system

As she's a Dental Bun it may be that her husBun has actually been eating more than his share of the food. Dental Buns eat slowly so she may eat only half the amount of her husBun even though it *looks* as though she's always eating.

I use echinechea for Merlin in his drinking water. When he was underweight I used Excel junior pellets, science selective and careplus. It seemed to have done the trick.

Ian said nothing about E.C.:shock:
She has so many health problems....
Shes indoors now...on her own.....food readily available.She has breakfast and dinner!!!
Gonna ring him tomorrow......
Thanks for the thoughts.It didnt pop into my head.She has a kyphosis of the spine,chronic snuffles,dental probs.
Ian is thinking the dreaded.....and I told him about the recent bonding.It all fits!!!!!!

So far, Lily has eaten everything in sight and drank well.Shes in my bedroom,on a slightly warm bunny boiler just to help her wee bones.
My fingers are crossed big time.
She has a cuddly toy aswell....BB is doing fine.Cuddly toy for him..hes quite skittish today.
Thanks for your thoughts.xxxx

anytime, nurseing anytype of illness or worry is nerve wracking, I swear out all the pets ive ever had, buns are the biggest worriers

I have only just seend this, she much have incredible will!

My thoughts are with you and Lily.

Has he run bloods yet? I wonder if that may show something unusual up

Well,Guys, Lily has been separated from BB.Hes ok with this and now has a teddy.Lily does too, but the amazing thing is I started her on baytril and pain relief after her appt and yesterday morning she ate her brekkie very well.She has the snugglesafe (as Ive mentioned, but still just slightly warm).
But last night before I went to work,she had her tea....then was DANCING round her bowl when I went to bed!!!!! Just gave her a few morsels to last till this mornings breakfast.Taking meds like a dream, and still dancing today!!!
Just over 24 hrs after Ian saying he wants to see her in a week and the decision may be made for us (if you get my drift!!)
Her will to live astounds me!!!!

how is your wee lassy this morning :D

You wouldnt recognise her as the sad we little mite from last week!!!!!
I saw Ian yesterday (Hes flirting so bad..:shock::oops::roll::lol::lol:..God,hes gorgous!!!!) and he cant believe it either!!!

You wouldnt recognise her as the sad we little mite from last week!!!!!
I saw Ian yesterday (Hes flirting so bad..:shock::oops::roll::lol::lol:..God,hes gorgous!!!!) and he cant believe it either!!!

thats really good :D

hehe what is it with flirty vets or patients owners flirting with them :lol:

Back