PDA

View Full Version : My Baby girl,Lily Shane.UPDATE

yvette
12-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Shes had weight loss for a short while.Losing condition.
Took her to see Ian with the rest of the clan.He didnt do her myxi,she has chest sounds cos of her chronic snuffles.He burred her incisors, advised me to give her baytril 0.5 ml daily and metacam daily cos her mobility has lessened.
Shes eating really well, and her deterioration has only happened since I bonded her with BB.She is also barbering him...Ian took pics for his lectures!! BB has eyebrows!!!!
My plan is to seperate them and bring her indoors.
He piddles everywhere and she sits in it.....her hocks are dirty.
Im going to lavish EVERYTHING I have for a week.Ian wants me to ring him next week.
Please help me and her.Im so desperate and I cant lose her thus far in.
Her will to live is incredible.She weighs .535kg.Bones.

yvette
12-04-2010, 08:02 PM
bump.

Becca
12-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Sorry cannot help but bumping up for you.

yvette
12-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Bump.

yvette
12-04-2010, 09:14 PM
no thoughts at all????

Jack's-Jane
12-04-2010, 09:27 PM
What are you feeding her atm ?

yvette
12-04-2010, 09:29 PM
What are you feeding her atm ?

Science select, hay and veg.herbs.Nice stuff.Eats like a horse.........

Jack's-Jane
12-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Has she had a 28 day course of Panacur ? Weightloss/loss of condition/reduced mobility *might* indicate an EC involvement.

Do you give a probiotic in her drinking water or better still have you tried her on some Fibreplex. I have found Fibreplex to be helpful for underweight Rabbits, it appears to help them metabolise the nutrients they ingest.

http://www.petmeds.co.uk/p-3345-fibreplex-for-rabbits-and-small-animals-15m.aspx

Echinacea could help boost her immune system

As she's a Dental Bun it may be that her husBun has actually been eating more than his share of the food. Dental Buns eat slowly so she may eat only half the amount of her husBun even though it *looks* as though she's always eating.

hurricanhoney
12-04-2010, 09:41 PM
I use echinechea for Merlin in his drinking water. When he was underweight I used Excel junior pellets, science selective and careplus. It seemed to have done the trick.

yvette
12-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Ian said nothing about E.C.:shock:
She has so many health problems....
Shes indoors now...on her own.....food readily available.She has breakfast and dinner!!!
Gonna ring him tomorrow......
Thanks for the thoughts.It didnt pop into my head.She has a kyphosis of the spine,chronic snuffles,dental probs.
Ian is thinking the dreaded.....and I told him about the recent bonding.It all fits!!!!!!

areia
13-04-2010, 10:38 AM
how is she today ??

also hows her lil fella as well

yvette
13-04-2010, 01:25 PM
So far, Lily has eaten everything in sight and drank well.Shes in my bedroom,on a slightly warm bunny boiler just to help her wee bones.
My fingers are crossed big time.
She has a cuddly toy aswell....BB is doing fine.Cuddly toy for him..hes quite skittish today.
Thanks for your thoughts.xxxx

areia
13-04-2010, 01:33 PM
anytime, nurseing anytype of illness or worry is nerve wracking, I swear out all the pets ive ever had, buns are the biggest worriers

Shellypops
13-04-2010, 01:59 PM
Aw Yvette.. hope it all works out!

lottielouise
13-04-2010, 02:10 PM
I have only just seend this, she much have incredible will!

My thoughts are with you and Lily.

Has he run bloods yet? I wonder if that may show something unusual up

yvette
14-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Well,Guys, Lily has been separated from BB.Hes ok with this and now has a teddy.Lily does too, but the amazing thing is I started her on baytril and pain relief after her appt and yesterday morning she ate her brekkie very well.She has the snugglesafe (as Ive mentioned, but still just slightly warm).
But last night before I went to work,she had her tea....then was DANCING round her bowl when I went to bed!!!!! Just gave her a few morsels to last till this mornings breakfast.Taking meds like a dream, and still dancing today!!!
Just over 24 hrs after Ian saying he wants to see her in a week and the decision may be made for us (if you get my drift!!)
Her will to live astounds me!!!!

Becca
14-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Thats fab news Yvette.
I am so pleased:love::love:

areia
16-04-2010, 09:42 AM
how is your wee lassy this morning :D

yvette
17-04-2010, 02:14 PM
how is your wee lassy this morning :D

You wouldnt recognise her as the sad we little mite from last week!!!!!
I saw Ian yesterday (Hes flirting so bad..:shock::oops::roll::lol::lol:..God,hes gorgous!!!!) and he cant believe it either!!!

areia
17-04-2010, 04:08 PM
You wouldnt recognise her as the sad we little mite from last week!!!!!
I saw Ian yesterday (Hes flirting so bad..:shock::oops::roll::lol::lol:..God,hes gorgous!!!!) and he cant believe it either!!!

thats really good :D

hehe what is it with flirty vets or patients owners flirting with them :lol: