• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fenugreek crunchies

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
finally managed to get some, and tried the buns on them just now, they go crazy, even rosie loves them, rosie who hasn't/desn't really eat much anymore, she scoff them straight away and look for more :lol: :)

Hay experts sell them.

Mine go mad for them, more so than anything else. I looked it up and it is an indian herb or something like that!

My "pretty boys" Chester and Billie-Joe are very nervy buns and have been so since I took them on. They hate being handled and I've tried every method of calming them down. Every night, we have "fenugreek crunchie time"... I go in their bedroom, rattle the tin and voila, they climb all over me, after the crunchies. Chester (the most nervy) takes the crunchie and runs off to eat it but comes back for more and will stand on his hind legs to take it from me, which I think is very trusting.

Today they had their myxi jabs and during the check-up, the Vet noticed a slight spur on one of Chesters back teeth. I was utterly gobsmacked that he was calm enough to allow her to file it (and very proud :oops:). The Vet said that less than half of buns will let you do this..... I put it down to the fenugreek crunchie sessions :lol:

Must order some more :lol:

My "pretty boys" Chester and Billie-Joe are very nervy buns and have been so since I took them on. They hate being handled and I've tried every method of calming them down. Every night, we have "fenugreek crunchie time"... I go in their bedroom, rattle the tin and voila, they climb all over me, after the crunchies. Chester (the most nervy) takes the crunchie and runs off to eat it but comes back for more and will stand on his hind legs to take it from me, which I think is very trusting.

Today they had their myxi jabs and during the check-up, the Vet noticed a slight spur on one of Chesters back teeth. I was utterly gobsmacked that he was calm enough to allow her to file it (and very proud :oops:). The Vet said that less than half of buns will let you do this..... I put it down to the fenugreek crunchie sessions :lol:

Must order some more :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Yes, mine climb all over me to just to get a Fenugreek. If they hear a drawer going they are falling over themselves to get to me. :lol:

Mine love them as well. If anyone struggles to get hold of them letme know. I know of a garden centre near here that stocks the naturals range still.

Mine love them as well. If anyone struggles to get hold of them letme know. I know of a garden centre near here that stocks the naturals range still.

i found these in a garden centre today, i searched everywhere for them before even PAH, but could never get any, soo when my supply runs out i may contact you :lol:

how many treat pieces do others tend to give your bunnies a day?

rosie's trying to hunt them out, a bunny who hasn't been eating and not interested in most things, they must be bunny good :shock:

rosie's trying to hunt them out, a bunny who hasn't been eating and not interested in most things, they must be bunny good :shock:

thats brilliant news:D sure i read somewhere that fenugreek is an appetite stimulant - thats the reason i bought my first packet, to try to get eric eating when he was a poorly baby:D

i found these in a garden centre today, i searched everywhere for them before even PAH, but could never get any, soo when my supply runs out i may contact you :lol:

how many treat pieces do others tend to give your bunnies a day?

Please do! They normally have several packets out. (It's also a great place for veggies but don't tell the bunnies that, they'll up sticks and move there ;) )

I give one or two a day. Bribes to get them away normally ;)

I would like to grow some fenugreek as well.

Last edited:
Please do! They normally have several packets out. (It's also a great place for veggies but don't tell the bunnies that, they'll up sticks and move there ;) )

I give one or two a day. Bribes to get them away normally ;)

I would like to grow some fenugreek as well.

thanks, i could maybe give rosie a few more, while she is feeling poorly, as she loves them, and i prefer to see her eating :lol:

:wave: I got a huge pack of seeds from Kew Gardens - "green manures" range by Suffolk herbs. I'll let you know how successful (or not) I am with these.

:wave: I got a huge pack of seeds from Kew Gardens - "green manures" range by Suffolk herbs. I'll let you know how successful (or not) I am with these.

thank you:D
just had a look at their website and there are a few on there:)

Back