• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

brocolli

I understand its best not fed too often as it causes gas?? Same as cauliflower?????
I wouldnt quote me though....:roll:

Oh dear, mine have it everynight, its the only green thing they will eat! Better try finding some different things then I guess.

Mine usually have some each night too and they're fine, they dont have loads though. I've had no problems with gas or too much calcium in their wee or anything. I think it's down to individual bun

Charlie has it a couple of times a week, he won't eat any other veg than brocolli and carrot!

My four get it quite often in small amounts as they love it. If your buns like brocolli have you tried them with curly kale, spring greens or spinach or other dark leaved things like that? Just surmising cos mine go for the brocolli but go for the kale etc before the bocolli if I give them a selection so it may be they have similar tastes?

Tammy x

Mine have it every other night, and have a brussel sprout the nights they don't have broccoli. They love kale as well but hate spinach :roll:

chewy gets small ammount of spring greens (the big bags you get from tesco) and cucumber at about 6am (yes the time i get up for work!) and bout 10pm....with a very small ammount of pellets about 4pm and unlimited hay day an night. find cucumber a good way to get water into him he loves it. has a bottle and a crock but never see him drinking lots. when we have some in the fridge he also gets a lil cherry tomato cut into 4 once a day.

the little sod begs like a dog for our food, not really interested in the main course, but anything sweet or with rustling wrappers and he's there!!! and our drinks, head in the glass or worse glass all over the carpet, had no idea rabbits were like that.......gotta love him though :love:

I only feed mine brocolli as a very rare treat as unfortunatly it gives my Timmy gas if he has too much. Its such a shame coz they bloomin love it :(
I think it totally depends on the individual bunny

^ I thought they were too.

My two love brocolli and have it quite often in the week, Id just make sure that she doesnt look uncomfortable if your worried.

it depends

I guess it depends on the rabbits. Ours have always loved it, but as part of a wide range of veg. Someone said they feed cucumber, which our have never liked, although our guineas love it. Our buns like all the green leafy things, and carrot and cauliflower and celery and apple and pear, and dandelions and sowthistles from the garden, of which we always seem to have a lot in the main season.

Back