• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Size of mini lops??

bobbedazzler

Warren Scout
Hiya

could anyone tell me what size mini lops usually grow to? I've seen 'normal' sized lops and just wondered how mini, mini lops are.

Thanks

J x

Mini lops (a small breed) weigh about 1.5-2kg, Dwarf lops (a medium breed) weigh about 2-2.5kg if that helps.

mine are hefty, look like rabbit-size to me... erm, weigh 2.3kg??? i overfed them when they were young. daughter's two are smaller, lighter, i would say one is only slightly larger than a nethie and the other is a bit bigger than that.

The sizes can vary greatly because they can be purebred minilops but 'overgrow', so what is stereotypically their size actually really depends bunny to bunny. The BRC have what the weight is for minilops to show but that can var greatly in practice.

Purebred mini's are very small, although many back yard breeders and pet shops breed quite large lops claming they're mini.

Purebred mini's are very small, although many back yard breeders and pet shops breed quite large lops claming they're mini.

My lil boy is supposed to be a mini but I dont think he is going to be, judging by the size of his parents! I think breeders think people want smaller lops so just call them minis even if not!

I think people get mixed up with mini lops and dwarf lops I've got a dwarf lop and she is huge lol, but my other buns are nethies so obviously she will look huge compared to them lol :p

Both my mini-lops are purebred, but one (boy) is 2.1kg, and the other (girl) is 1.5kg! I think the girls tend to be a bit smaller, but correct me if i'm wrong, but i agree with some of the other posts - they do vary greatly depending on heritage etc.

I think around the 6-months mark they're just about fully grown (just from my own experience), so around that age it's easier to tell if they're gonna be whoppers or tiddlers :wave:

Size varies greatly - weight according to the breed standard is around the 1.5 kg mark, but that doesn't mean all mini's will be anywhere near that weight.

Alfie is 1.5 kg and Bubbles is around 1.2 kg.

Pie is a pure bred Mini and this is her with my mum, floped out. Should give you a decent indication of how small they are. :wave:

DSC00586.jpg

Pie is a pure bred Mini and this is her with my mum, floped out. Should give you a decent indication of how small they are. :wave:

DSC00586.jpg

Pie is absolutely GORGEOUS!:love:

She looks very similar to Pickle, but he is about twice her size, the big lump!:D

Back