• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor/Outdoor??

Mrs Ord

Mama Doe
Most of you already know I got Lilly from a petshop who were rehoming her. I have no idea of her history, age etc... All I know is she's beautiful, healthy and happy :D. Anyway back to the point!

I got her just after christmas and obviously with the cold i've kept her in since then. With the nice weather this weekend she has been out in the garden (and my neighbours imaculate show garden after finding a hole in the fence and nibbiling their flowers :oops: even though the day before I spent a fortune and lots of time putting in bunny proof fencing!!) She loves it outside but i'm not sure if she has been an outdoor rabbit in the past :?

Do you think I could put her outside? If she has been an indoor bun can they be converted? She has chewed a huge hole in our carpet and our house is rented so it would be best for us to have her outdoors (before she gets us evicted!!)

I have a shed which at the min needs a bit of repair but could be converted for her so not such a leap from the house to a shed.

Any advice from anyone who has transferred a bunny from the house to outdoors?? Any do's and dont's???

I think she'll be fine now it's getting warmer just make sure her hutch is covered at night and she has plenty of bedding to snuggle down into. It's only bad to put them out when it's still cold and they don't have a winter coat :)

Tinkerbell was a houserabbit for about a year but when I rescued Simba and bonded them he hated indoors so Tinkerbell went outside.

She absolutely loved the garden, settled in really well but became a houserabbit again when Simba died.

I'm sure your rabbit will be fine :D

All i'm worried about is that she might be a bit lonely. OH said I can't have another rabbit BUT if she's outside in a big shed suppose one more would be ok. Do you think she'd get lonely? (if I can't have another bun) or am I just kidding myself that she'd miss me :lol:

*Sneaks out to steal Louie* he and Lilly would be so cute together :love:

All i'm worried about is that she might be a bit lonely. OH said I can't have another rabbit BUT if she's outside in a big shed suppose one more would be ok. Do you think she'd get lonely? (if I can't have another bun) or am I just kidding myself that she'd miss me :lol:

No, you're absolutely right. House buns aren't so bad on their own as they have us humans for company but outside buns should definitely have a friend if at all possible :D She'd be much happier with a husbun and there are lots on here waiting for a lovely home :love:

loneliness

I didn't think our first bun Marble was lonely, but the difference when we rescued Bunster and they bonded... She was in BLISS and just think, we might never have known how much better it could be. Also, 2 buns is more than double the loveliness. Good luck while you decide and work on the OH! Incidentally, my OH said no at first, but he LOVES the buns now, and is their main carer.

Mt OH is animal mad too but he is the realistic one. We already have 2 buns (tried to bond but no joy Dex is a nightmare with other buns she's just so dominant) 2 cats, 2 cockatiels, two piggies, two fish tanks and a pond. We luckily have a very understanding landlord! ;)

Mt OH is animal mad too but he is the realistic one. We already have 2 buns (tried to bond but no joy Dex is a nightmare with other buns she's just so dominant) 2 cats, 2 cockatiels, two piggies, two fish tanks and a pond. We luckily have a very understanding landlord! ;)

I think you'd do better with a husbun :love::love:

inside/outside

Guess it depends where you live, but I wonder if it is still just a wee bit cool especially at night to put a house rabbit outside.
Despite filling sleeping boxes with hay etc, I find my outdoor rabbit digs it all out and sits on the wood...so much for snuggle snuggle.

I am getting my E lop back in the next fortnight he is a houserabbit but will be carefully acclimatised(happening as we speak) before being left permanently , he DOES have quite a thin coat E Lops have less coat that other rabbits....

Yes, they would match sooo well :D:wave:

Back