• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet Fee Increases

Sarah86

Mama Doe
Has anyone elses vets put their prices up ridiculously recently?

I took Charlie and Poppy for their myxi jab at the weekend and it was £20 each, last time it was £10 each because there was an offer on to encourage people to get it done but even at full price it was £16. I don't begrudge paying it but the increase is quite significant.

There was a couple in too who were chatting to the nurse about getting their rabbits neutered, they were quoted £80 for the doe and £60 for the buck (I think they'd been sold two 'same sex' rabbits and had a bit of a suprise) I couldn't believe how much it had gone up, I'm sure I only paid £40 for Charlie to be neutered. I think it's time to ring around and see if there is anywhere else that is good but a bit cheaper. :?

Yes, my vets put up prices as soon as the recession hit...e.g. a spay went up by £20 :(

Last time I was there I heard the receptionists talking about more prices rises soon

Yes, my vets put up prices as soon as the recession hit...e.g. a spay went up by £20 :(

Last time I was there I heard the receptionists talking about more prices rises soon

Ouch! I think we all expect slight increases year on year but putting them up that much just deters people from looking after their animals properly.

Our consult fees have gone up about 5 times in the last year. This time last year they were £23, a few weeks ago they were £26.99. And I noticed last week they have increased to £27.30 :(

Everything else has gone up too, including prescriptions and drugs

Ours went up slightly when VAT did but it wasn't a lot. I think it went from £15.70 to £16 and a few pence.

*touch wood* I haven't had to go for anything other than vaccines for a while but the vaccines went up £2 each this year and are now £17. I haven't had a bunny neutered for over a year so no idea what has happened with those prices lately.

Yes! I noticed the massive hike when I was buying baytril solution for injections... It was something like £24, and it went up to £31 :shock::shock: started buying all my medication online ever since!

It used to be £28 for myxi and vhd altogether, now it's £28 for myxi alone :shock:

:shock:
thats...wow.....a lot of money!:shock:

ours charge about £17 (i cant recall exactly:oops: but they had thair myxi jabs just over a month ago and i think it about £47? for the three of them)

maybe my old vets were grossly expensive :?
Inara's spay this month was just over £60...i was like :shock:...are you sure? my last vets that just for a neuter!

i'l just shut up now and hope my vets never see this thread and decide to make a bit more cash...:oops:

Has anyone elses vets put their prices up ridiculously recently?

I took Charlie and Poppy for their myxi jab at the weekend and it was £20 each, last time it was £10 each because there was an offer on to encourage people to get it done but even at full price it was £16. I don't begrudge paying it but the increase is quite significant.

There was a couple in too who were chatting to the nurse about getting their rabbits neutered, they were quoted £80 for the doe and £60 for the buck (I think they'd been sold two 'same sex' rabbits and had a bit of a suprise) I couldn't believe how much it had gone up, I'm sure I only paid £40 for Charlie to be neutered. I think it's time to ring around and see if there is anywhere else that is good but a bit cheaper. :?

my vets uysed to charge £22 for both vhd and myxo injections now it is £28 per injection!!!! and yup neuters have gone up too. x

It used to be £28 for myxi and vhd altogether, now it's £28 for myxi alone :shock:

That is a lot :shock:

Does anyone know how much the actual vaccines cost, I want to know how much we're being robbed by :lol: Pops and Charles are due their VHD in 2 weeks so I'm thinking of finding somewhere else before then.

ETA: Just looked up cylap, it's £100 for ten lots of single doses
http://www.viovet.co.uk/p3799/CYLAP_HVD_Injection_-_10_x_1_Dose_/product_info.html

or £42 if you just get one bottle of the stuff that contains ten doses http://www.viovet.co.uk/p3800/CYLAP_HVD_Injection_-_10_Doses_Multi-dose_vial_/product_info.html

We are being robbed

Last edited:
My vet charges 17.50....my other vet was half that......
Do hope he gives me discount this afternoon.Im going with all 4........:shock:

No - not noticed anything at mine yet. I feel they are a good value vet though and don't ever feel 'fleeced' by them. My 'old vet' (which were rubbish in soo many ways!) were very expensive though.

Consult at mine for a rabbit is £17.

Vaccinations have been £15 each and the vet did a thorough health check too included in that price.

When I've had to take more than one mouse to be pts they've only charged me for one and things like that too..... a GA dental for my chinchilla was just under £50 here whereas it would been over £100 at my old vet.

NW Kent ;) Hes a super vet, really takes the time to explain things and gives them a thorough check over. Haven't had to go for anything other than neuter/vaccs so far. Am hoping it will stay that way for the time being.

NW Kent ;) Hes a super vet, really takes the time to explain things and gives them a thorough check over. Haven't had to go for anything other than neuter/vaccs so far. Am hoping it will stay that way for the time being.

Would that be Trinity Vets ?

Back