• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

tongue healing vibes for Jojo

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Please could Jojo have some vibes for her sore tongue.

She is blind and just a little crazy, and appears to have fallen from some furniture Friday evening :?
When I went in the lounge she was quite in a corner, so I checked her over and found a broken front claw and small cut to her lip, so I guess she miss judged something and fell.

Over the weekend she has been unable to eat solid food so I have been giving her metacam and baby food. I checked her mouth and it was purple inside :(

We managed get her in the vets this morning and the vet confirmed she has bruised the inside of her mouth, tongue and underneath her tongue :(

There is nothing else we can do for her except pain relief and liquid feeds until it heals. She can be so aggressive its not the easiest job, so any quick healing vibes would really be appreciated :)

Oh no, my poor little sponsor bun :( If you can, without losing a digit, can you give her a nose rub from me please?

Sending lots of vibes :love:

Oh no, my poor little sponsor bun :( If you can, without losing a digit, can you give her a nose rub from me please?

Sending lots of vibes :love:

I started this thread just for you, so that you would be kept updated with her antics :wave:

I will give her a nose rub, she will come and sit with me on the sofa occassionally and ask for a rub, which is fine as long as I don't move too quickly :lol: So we have made some progress with her :)

I started this thread just for you, so that you would be kept updated with her antics :wave:

I will give her a nose rub, she will come and sit with me on the sofa occassionally and ask for a rub, which is fine as long as I don't move too quickly :lol: So we have made some progress with her :)

Doh, silly Jojo, she's obviously a hard nut tho! I really hope she gets better quick and gets munching, sorry for not loggin on sooner!!

i end up like that after a fit and the sores turn to ulcers..OUCH!

poor little jojo....lots of healing vibes xxxxx

you forget you need your tongue to move your food!!

i end up like that after a fit and the sores turn to ulcers..OUCH!

poor little jojo....lots of healing vibes xxxxx

you forget you need your tongue to move your food!!

Ooh, thanks for the warning. I will keep checking her mouth to make sure it doesn't ulcerate.

Now you have got me thinking whether she may have fitted rather than fallen :? I haven't known her to fit, but she does have a few neurological issues so I guess it is possible :(

Jojo is back on fine form thank you:wave: Took about a week but she is eating normally again and even sunk her teeth into my hand yesterday for no reason just to let me know her mouth was better :lol:

We are hoping she can move outside into her new hutch at the weekend :)

Back