• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A bit concerned Re Carlo UD FAO Honeybunny, Eating as normal

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
He just doesn't seem to eat much... well not compared to Bobby anyway! and have noticed a couple of left cecals:shock:

I am gonna take him to the vet anyway! But just wondered could moving to a new home be a bit of a cause.

He is eating something just nowhere near as much as his wifey:?

Last edited:
Shelly, he was eating fine here, yes the move may have upset him
Are his other poos ok?
How much is he eating?
Try hand feeding him some pellets and veg..

Shelly, he was eating fine here, yes the move may have upset him
Are his other poos ok?
How much is he eating?
Try hand feeding him some pellets and veg..

He is eating about 40g pellets, and only nibbles on the spring greens.. he had a tiny bit of dandilion as I don't like to give too much!

He also had a bit of apple yest.. he would have eaten loads of that if I had let him.

He always eats hay no problem. Its just Bobby runs to the door so I feed her a small pile first and he won't take it from my hand!

I scatter pellets and he goes and finds a few when Bobby has finsihed eating. Other than that he seems really happy, and his other poops are fine really big actually, slightly slightly softer than Bobby..

then I would say don't worry
Just keep an eye on him and if he seems to eat any less, or his poos change, then get him checked
It may be just that Bobby is a bit of a madam and so he gives way to her
Try making two piles of food so she doesn't eat it all first

Dexter hardly ate anything for a few days when i first got him and hid in his litter tray most of the time, he's gradually eaten more and more each day and is much more outgoing and runs to his food when i go to feed him now :lol:

i'd say he just needs a bit of time to adjust, and so long as he's eating *something* then he'll be find :D

then I would say don't worry
Just keep an eye on him and if he seems to eat any less, or his poos change, then get him checked
It may be just that Bobby is a bit of a madam and so he gives way to her
Try making two piles of food so she doesn't eat it all first

I think your right Jill, she goes mad for the food and he just waits his turn!

He did nick some broccoli and run off with it yesterday... she isn't as fast as him :lol:

Back