• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are buddljah (butterfly bush) leaves poisonous to rabbits?

My 18 eat them with impunity in small amounts . . the only problem I have ever had with them was when three buns discovered a huge pile of freshly cut buddlieja prunings and scoffed the lot in an hour while I had lunch! - resulting on three stuffed 'footballs' needing lots of metaclop and fluids!!!

He only ate the tip of the leaf as I took it off him so hopefully he should be ok! I thought rabbits avoided toxic plant material :)

I have a buddliah bush.....No idea about edibility.......Hmmmmmm.......could be interesting.....

He only ate the tip of the leaf as I took it off him so hopefully he should be ok! I thought rabbits avoided toxic plant material :)

buddliea is not toxic (just very tricky to spell) and a leaf will not hurt even if he is not used to it.

And no they don't avoid toxic plants that well . . .at least they don't avoid the plants we often think of as toxic to them.

Back