• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pip's home - proud new mummy PICS ADDED

Becca24

Mama Doe
We picked Pip up yesterday evening , I didnt sleep very well last night for worrying about him but checked on him first thing this morning and he is doing really well! :)

He is sooo cute and seems very confident for a young bunny :love: Sky-o has been round to give him a once over for me (thanks Tracy)!!

The dog is behaving himself too which I am glad about cos he can be a bit yappy and I was worried he would scare Pip but they seem curious of each other! Not sure Rolo is too keen on having supervised wee wee's though! :lol:

Gonna take some pics today hopefully and DH is going to help me load them up etc as I dont know how to do it!

Last edited:
He's so, SO beautiful! I still think he is from the same shed as Autumn because physically he looks a very similar shape and such, and they both came from someone irreponsible, and have some very similar genetics. Also, they are so far showing very similar personality traits. Watch out for any need to jump upwards like a mountain goat!

So hopefully he will be tough and not have any problems :)

Can't wait to see pics of him :D He's a gem!

I know, I am in love big time! :love::love::love:

I cant believe he just sits there munching hay and drinking from his bottle while me and chloe were sitting there, not a care in the world bless him!!

I do hope he stays strong and healthy!!

A mountain goat, that should be interesting!! :lol::lol:

I hope your ok anyway (was reading your thread) as I am only kind of up the road am here if you ever need a chat or anything!! xx

Some pics of Pip taken today! :love::love:

PIP001.jpg

PIP010.jpg

PIP009.jpg

PIP004.jpg

PIP013.jpg

Hopefully take some more when he is abit more settled! :)

Last edited:
Yay for pictures!

Just had my family cooing over the 'little fayce'. He still looks so perky :D That's brill!

OMG what a cute bunny
luvvin the little girl with the tub full of num nums :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: she is very cute :love:

I can't seem to see any sign of weeing from Pip, all corners seem dry? He has been pooing lots (no diarreah or anything like that) and I did notice a little section of poos that seem to be kind of broken, a bit crumbly. Is it possible he could be nibbling at these or is it normal for some poos to be like that?

Sorry if that a bit of a weird question! :?

I wold suggest giving him a bowl and seeing if that helps. How is he acting?

Yes, he may be trying to eat poos, he is still so young so may not have fully learnt what he should and shouldn't do. Also, some bunnies can eat their fecals when they feel a bit rubbish, so he could be doing it possibly due to the stress of moving or feeling ill.

How is he eating?

I wold suggest giving him a bowl and seeing if that helps. How is he acting?

Yes, he may be trying to eat poos, he is still so young so may not have fully learnt what he should and shouldn't do. Also, some bunnies can eat their fecals when they feel a bit rubbish, so he could be doing it possibly due to the stress of moving or feeling ill.

How is he eating?

He does seem a bit quieter this morning but will happily take a bit of hay from my hand if I just sit with my hand in the hutch and dont move it.

I keep seeing him go to the water bottle and I keep checking its working and it seems fine! There is some carefresh in the litter tray and a fair bit of newspaper and straw and hay in there and in hutch so I am wondering if thats why I cant see any wees. I dont want to clean him out yet I dont think he is settled enough really.

He is eating lots of pellets and although I have seen him munch hay there still seems alot there!
:?

I really would try giving it him a bowl as well. That way he has a choice. A bowl is generally easier for a baby to get to and drink from.

Is it possible he is eating the litter or something?

If he is quieter then follow your gut instinct about whether or not he needs to see a vet.

Autumn was very sluggish in the mornings when he was at the RSPCA, and that was due to the cold. Is it possible that could also play a factor? If you last heated the Snugglesafe before bed then it would cool by about 4-5am so he might have had a couple of cold hours.

I really would try giving it him a bowl as well. That way he has a choice. A bowl is generally easier for a baby to get to and drink from.

Is it possible he is eating the litter or something?

If he is quieter then follow your gut instinct about whether or not he needs to see a vet.

Autumn was very sluggish in the mornings when he was at the RSPCA, and that was due to the cold. Is it possible that could also play a factor? If you last heated the Snugglesafe before bed then it would cool by about 4-5am so he might have had a couple of cold hours.

I shall go put a ramakin of water in now and put fresh hay in too - shall I fill up pellets too he eats them like anything??

Back