• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed on the thrilling topic of grass...

BwfcAngel

Mama Doe
Hi! :wave:

ATM i have two bunnies outside who are on like patio/slab type flooring. Soon they, as well as two of my current house bunnies, will be moving into a shed and run type set up. It is two sheds joined together by a run and the run is going to be sectioned off so each set of buns can have their bit. The thing is, we pulled the flags up in the bit that is the run to lay grass down in all of the run area.

To be honest it hasn't struck me that the grass might be a problem to their digestive systems as they will be going from no grass at all to access to grass all day. They won't be moving into their accommodation for two weeks yet. Will it be ok if I gradually introduce them to grass now so that they can get used to it?

Lisa x

every spring i gradually introduce grass to bisc and matt for a few weeks until they go outside for alot of the day. just to make sure their tums can cope. :)

Introduce the grass slowly too them, you can start doing this by cutting and hand feeding it to them as well if they currently dont have access to it.

My only concern about having a grass based run that they have access to is that rabbits can dig out and predators dig in.

Introduce the grass slowly too them, you can start doing this by cutting and hand feeding it to them as well if they currently dont have access to it.

My only concern about having a grass based run that they have access to is that rabbits can dig out and predators dig in.

Its concrete underneath the grass and soil!! And all around the base of the run is flagged. I was pretty sure my buns with a bit of fresh air and freedom would have a field day with the whole digging thing so we took precautions! Does that sound ok? Ill add pics when i charge my camera up after and you can all check that's its gonna be ok. Its the first time ive done this so any advice is fab! :love:

Also make sure the divide is bunny proof so they arnt able to dig to each other, only takes a small gap and you dont want bunny fights. Im sre they will love their new home :love:

Also make sure the divide is bunny proof so they arnt able to dig to each other, only takes a small gap and you dont want bunny fights. Im sre they will love their new home :love:

oooooooo...never thought of that! I'll speak to the father-in-law bout it next weekend. Well done!! :lol: God there would be trouble! Belle's an absolute witch :lol::lol::lol:

Back