• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is there a way to stick lino to carpet?

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
i need to put lino under the buns cage but last time i tried sticking it to the skirting boards and it just slid off! :evil:

i got rid of it in the end but it isn't easy to clean the carpet in there!

is there a way to stick it to the carpet, or will i have to stick lino to a base like a piece of plywood?

Use duct tape to stick the lino to the carpet - you can double side it under the lino or tape round the edges of the lino.

all hay gets down the back of the cage and it is a nightmare to move the cage and clean behind. i wanted to put plywood on wheels but then when i go in the cage to clean it and change the blankets, i would probably crush the wheels! :oops:

If the cage is against the wall, can you not put something on the inside of the cage to stop the hay falling through?

If the cage is against the wall, can you not put something on the inside of the cage to stop the hay falling through?

yeh, i want to. just don't know what! thought of plywood and cable tie it... but they would probably chew it! :roll:

What about those sticky vinyl floorboard things, thats what ive got round the base of the dog crate, i just stuck them back to back with one another and they are pretty good at keeping the hay in, its like having a skirting board round the crate.
If you need it to be higher then maybe the vinyl floor tiles, or a sheet of perspex?

What about those sticky vinyl floorboard things, thats what ive got round the base of the dog crate, i just stuck them back to back with one another and they are pretty good at keeping the hay in, its like having a skirting board round the crate.
If you need it to be higher then maybe the vinyl floor tiles, or a sheet of perspex?

it would need to be on the inside of the cage because when i tried putting a thick edging strip of wood on the outside, the hay just got into the gap between the bars and the wood! :evil: i just took it away then because i was scared to put it inside incase they chewed it and it wasn't safe wood or something :roll: (even though it came with the hutch they had, as a panel to stop them going under the hutch!)

any ideas anyone? or what would would be safe for them to chew?

i thought of putting those wooden bridge things along the edge or some basic willow mats, so they could chew them and they could just be replaced. but then i get paranoid they will eat the cable ties! :roll::oops:

velcro tape? stick it to the underside of the line, leave it for a while to make sure it fixes to the lino. Then put it on the carpet and the hooks should hold it steady?

Back